    SubjectRe: Congrats Marcelo,
    Daniel Phillips wrote:

    > I'd really like to see XFS go in, but don't you think 2.5 is the place,
    > with a view to 2.4 submission in due course?

    In my opinion the main problem behind the originating note is the big difference between the mainline "linus" kernel and what
    people really need or are really using. And this might be also a problem for development. Take distribution vendor kernels: make a
    diff of your favorite distribution kernel and the vanilla one and think about it. SuSE allows a detailed look inside at
    ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/next/patches-2.4.18-0.tar.bz2

    I think development in 2.5 should focus on including this waiting patches and come to a end and release asap. I think it's more
    important to catch up with real world needs and existing patches, than working on new developments.

    > As far as making the case goes, do you have time to make a list of
    > places where XFS goes outside fs/xfs, and why?

    For me ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/2.4.17/README does it. ;-)

    --
    rainer@ellinger.de