    SubjectRe: linux kernel config converter

    David Lang wrote:

    >>David Lang wrote:
    >>>2. does it handle the 'I want this feature, turn on everything I need for
    >>>3. if it handles #2 what does it do if you turn off that feature again
    >>>(CML2 turns off anything it turned on to support that feature, assuming
    >>>nothing else needs it)
    > #3 may be, but #2 isn't possible if the language doesn't provide enough
    > info for the tool to know what is needed to make a feature work.

    Ok. I agree, #2 is also a configuration language item.
    (actual CML doesn't support #2).

    It seems that actual language support #2:
    you see that every symbol have a list of dependencies,
    so a configuration tools can change these dependencies.

    But also CML2 don't support #2 for strange/complex rules (<1%).
    (It complains about unmet dependencies.) and we should
    not support it for such rules (i.e. if a rules conflicts
    with PCI or other rules that force BIG changes...).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.023 / U:15.356 seconds]