Subject'revolting' overemphasizes personal beliefs && religion
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:27:43PM +0000, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> Thus spake Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com):
> > Jeff, I'm not asking "other people". I'm asking *you*.
>
> > You're one of the people Linus says he trusts.
>
> Eric, why don't you try to make a system that is not openly disgusting
> and revolting? The kernel affects everyone. Bribing congress is a
> tactic worthy of Microsoft, not of you. Please concentrate on making

Felix, while I respect you for your work on dietlibc, calling anything that
is not written in hardcore C 'revolting' is missing the point.

> The more of your mails about CML I see, the more I am disgusted with it.

And the world yawns. We do not care for (your) religious beliefs, we care
*for facts*. Religion has no place in technology.

If you have an opinion, voice it without referring to how a program makes
*you* feel. Voice it by stating how it should make everybody feel, based on
technical arguments.

So I could say that I find your attitude disgusting, and I do, but that's
not helping anybody. So instead I'll state that your arguments are
counterproductive because they are only valid in the belief system of Felix
von Leitner, and make no sense to others with differing belief systems.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Versatile DNS Software & Services