    SubjectRe: network booting
    Yes, a NFS root is (as far as i know!) the only networked drive type
    linux can boot of.
    (ofcource any variation of local storage can be used, but then PXE is
    not realy needed ;-)

    For PXE documentation, check out /usr/share/doc/pxe-.... (atleast thats
    on a redhat box), and for NFS-ROOT documentation check out
    /usr/src/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt ;-)

    What i found to work well for testing is to build a nfs-root kernel,
    which i booted from HD for testing, with the nfsroot/dhcp command's
    appended on the lilo line.. when that works, try to move it to PXE
    boot-strapping.

    Also, be carefull with pxe / dhcpd.. the order in which you start up
    those servers will determine if it works or not (start dhcpd first, else
    pxe will try to take the dhcp port).

    Last, get your self a good boot-strapper. The one provided by intel in
    the pxe package gave me more headaches then confort, so i switched to
    BPBatch.

    For more info on config files etc, check out this piece JMZ wrote:
    http://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/src/kiosk/

    -- Chris