SubjectRe: network booting
Yes, a NFS root is (as far as i know!) the only networked drive type
linux can boot of.
(ofcource any variation of local storage can be used, but then PXE is
not realy needed ;-)

For PXE documentation, check out /usr/share/doc/pxe-.... (atleast thats
on a redhat box), and for NFS-ROOT documentation check out
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt ;-)
What i found to work well for testing is to build a nfs-root kernel,
which i booted from HD for testing, with the nfsroot/dhcp command's
appended on the lilo line.. when that works, try to move it to PXE

Also, be carefull with pxe / dhcpd.. the order in which you start up
those servers will determine if it works or not (start dhcpd first, else
pxe will try to take the dhcp port).

Last, get your self a good boot-strapper. The one provided by intel in
the pxe package gave me more headaches then confort, so i switched to

For more info on config files etc, check out this piece JMZ wrote:

-- Chris