SubjectRe: Repeated lockups caused by ext3?
On 02 Feb 2002, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> Oh dear.. uniprocessor ?
> I get SMP machine to hang when writing 1+ GB file to EXT3 on RAID-1, and
> having more than 512 MB memory...

This certainly sounds as if it might be relevant. In my case it only
occurs with long downloads, not with mail. And it hasn't happened at all
since turning off ext3.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]