    SubjectRe: Repeated lockups caused by ext3?
    On 02 Feb 2002, Matti Aarnio wrote:
    > Oh dear.. uniprocessor ?
    > I get SMP machine to hang when writing 1+ GB file to EXT3 on RAID-1, and
    > having more than 512 MB memory...

    This certainly sounds as if it might be relevant. In my case it only
    occurs with long downloads, not with mail. And it hasn't happened at all
    since turning off ext3.

    Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
    For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical
    essays, and over 150 book reviews, go to:

    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
    obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
    from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.022 / U:63.452 seconds]