SubjectRe: How to make Linux/Tux/Whatever better? (was Re: TUX development? Anyone?)

Daniel Egger wrote:

> Am Fre, 2002-02-15 um 19.59 schrieb Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:
>>Is it only me?
>>Can I please get *some* sort of feedback after submitting a bug report?
>>I thought that was what made open-source projects better...
> You don't get the point, do you?
> You get what pay for and in this case it's zilch, zero, nada, nothing...
> ... No, wait, you have the source, that's more than nothing. Use it,
> Luke!
> When there's no developper interesting in fixing the bug you've found in
> her/his sparetime you should consider buying some help or fix it
> yourself instead of complaining.

I think the developers have a moral responsibility to make an attempt to
at least answer questions and bug reports. Even if the answer is just:
I'm too busy now...please check back later.

If you don't have time to respond for a protracted time, then it's time
to give up stewardship of the project to someone who has more resources
I am just as guilty of being slow to answer as most other folks, so this
is not to cast blame. I do think your crass assumption that developers
owe nothing to the users of their code is quite wrong though.

Ben Greear <> <Ben_Greear AT>
President of Candela Technologies Inc