SubjectRe: loading modules
blesson paul wrote:

> Hi all
> I am a newbie to Kernel world. When I looked into the file system
> files, I found that the initialization function ( where the file
> system is registered) is "init_filesystem" where filesystem can be
> coda, vfat etc. As far as know, the initialization function is
> int init_module(void)
> Then how kernel takes different initialization functions. I want to
> know whether my know how is wrong or not

you have something like (function parameters supressed for simplifcation):

/* Kernel calls this in your module */
init_module()
{

do_something();
init_filesystem(...);

return whatever;
}

So the entry point for every kind of module, including filesystem
modules, is init_module(), you don't implement init_filesystem in the
module, you call it to let the kernel know you want to register a
filesystem.

> Thanking in advance
> regards
> Blesson Paul

Cheers,

Alex

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.057 / U:0.388 seconds]