SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.18-pre9-mjc2
Hi!

> > Someone should buy thinkpad, destroy it (preferably with CD labeled
> > Virus 98 or soemthing like that), return, destroy next, return,
> > destroy next, request money back.
>
> If you want to get arrested it sounds a great idea. Thats up to you

Huh? They are shipping faulty products. Unless their manual say "you
are only allowed to run windows 95 release 1, Word version 3.71 and
Outlook 17.32 and nothing else, you have handled your computer
properly and its *their* problem.

> > Alternatively make a virus that destroys thinkpads -- should make them
> > some bad press, too.
>
> A virus to destroy any PC is trivial. Just be thankful nobody has crossed
> the really infectious ones with stuff like chernobyl and disk firmware
> erasers.

What did chernobyl do? I've never seen PC damaged beyond
repair. Everyone with a clue has jumper on stuff like flashing, and I
can imagine that opening the case can void your warranty.
Pavel
--
Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.