SubjectThat Linux Guy <>,Re: Of Bundling, Dao and Cowardice
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Alexander Viro wrote:

> While we are at it, look what Rik is doing right now. He has
> a huge patch pretty much rewriting (what a coincidence) VM. He had tried
> to shove its previous incarnations into the tree whole-sale.

Actually, Linus took it unexpectedly while I was away to
Europe for conferences for 2 weeks. ;)

I don't quite agree on the "more trouble" part either,
in the end it is MUCH more trouble when a big blob of
code gets integrated than when a series of small changes
get applied one by one.

"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
-- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document