    SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
    On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 02:54:21PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
    > Arjan van de Ven <arjan@pc1-camc5-0-cust78.cam.cable.ntl.com>:
    > > > But I think you know very well that the usual flow looks like this:
    > > >
    > > > 1. You throw a patch over the wall to Linus.
    > > >
    > > > 2. Either it shows up in the next release...
    > > >
    > > > 3. ...or you hear a vast and echoing silence.
    > >
    > > You're telling me Linus never mailed you about splitting up Configure.help ?
    >
    > That's right.

    Gimme a break. I read those posts, I repeatedly saw that people said to do
    that, I don't remember if it was Linus or not, but it's not like he has the
    only brain. The clearly expressed sentiment was to put the help next to the
    source. You repeatedly came up with corner cases where that wouldn't work
    and used that as an excuse to do nothing. Having just gone through the same
    thing with Linus about BK locking, I can assure you that dredging up the
    corner cases does not work, you might as well get to work and solve the
    problem.
    --
    ---