SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
Date
On Friday 15 February 2002 01:55 pm, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Alexander Viro <viro@math.psu.edu>:
> > > Neither Linus nor anyone else ever said to me "Eric, it's your job to
> > > make that change." When I asked for guidance, Linus blackholed my
> > > mail.
> >
> > Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
> > Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
>
> Your reply was pretty funny. Well, I laughed anyway.
>
> But laughter won't make the chronic communications problems go away.

Speaking as a proud member of Al Viro's killfile (from one work account and
one home accounts, each time for lkml postings he wasn't cc:'d on, which
somehow set him off anyway), I really doubt he perceives lack of
communication as much of a problem. More of a solution. :)

Seeing a conspiracy in the existence of any posts to public mailing lists
other than linux-kernel is, however, the kind of paranoia for which
medication is prescribed. (Would the reactionary front have preferred Eric
email the various developers directly in a big CC:, instead of a posting to a
PUBLIC LIST, which apparently Jeff DID find and highlighted? I'd say the
"help help this is being repressed" came at the start of this thread, not
when Eric jumped in.)

And when did talking to Linus directly (in email or on the phone) become
something that Linus needed to be protected from? (Look out guys! Some
people are thinking of TALKING DIRECTLY TO LINUS! Without consulting us
first! They must be found and stopped!)

And here I thought Linus was very good at saying no, in a multitude of
contexts...

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.291 / U:0.052 seconds]