    SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
    Jeff Garzik <>:
    > What I see on linux-kernel is you writing long diatribes, and then
    > promptly ignoring feedback from kernel developers who would actually be
    > using your system. After months and months of being told that
    > needed to be split up, you just continued to whine.

    I heard Linus say that he wanted split up. I agreed to
    do it, too, in CML2. But I thought I was not supposed to mess with existing
    formats -- in fact, I was afraid to, because you and Al Viro beat me up
    so hard about changing *nothing* before cutover. The CML1 code owns that
    format, and I am not the CML1 maintainer. In fact mec specifically turned
    me down when I volunteered for that job; he said he wanted me concentrating
    on CML2.

    Neither Linus nor anyone else ever said to me "Eric, it's your job to
    make that change." When I asked for guidance, Linus blackholed my mail.
    Was I supposed to be practicing telepathy, here?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.026 / U:37.296 seconds]