SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
Jeff Garzik <>:
> What I see on linux-kernel is you writing long diatribes, and then
> promptly ignoring feedback from kernel developers who would actually be
> using your system. After months and months of being told that
> needed to be split up, you just continued to whine.

I heard Linus say that he wanted split up. I agreed to
do it, too, in CML2. But I thought I was not supposed to mess with existing
formats -- in fact, I was afraid to, because you and Al Viro beat me up
so hard about changing *nothing* before cutover. The CML1 code owns that
format, and I am not the CML1 maintainer. In fact mec specifically turned
me down when I volunteered for that job; he said he wanted me concentrating
on CML2.

Neither Linus nor anyone else ever said to me "Eric, it's your job to
make that change." When I asked for guidance, Linus blackholed my mail.
Was I supposed to be practicing telepathy, here?