SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>:
> Yeah, there is. The point of *open* source is that it is *open*, Eric.
> Jeff, if I understand him correctly, is making the point that if a
> system can't stand up to public scrutiny, trying to get it in by private
> campaigning is lame, not the open source way, and a little bit sleazy.

So what "private campaigning" is going on here, exactly?

Dirk approached me because he was concerned that politics and poor
communication might be getting in the way of some valuable work. He
asked me to have the kbuild team fill him in on the background, and I
relayed that request. The kbuild team's discussion with Dirk is
taking place on a public mailing list.

I'm bewildered. What's the problem here?