    SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
    On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Horst von Brand wrote:

    > Daniel Phillips <phillips@bonn-fries.net> said:
    > > On February 12, 2002 05:38 pm, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    [SNIPPED...]

    My idea is to take the .config file and remove most of its
    redundancy and unnecessary verbage. Then, the result is
    compressed and written to a constant global array, linked
    into the kernel. Both the array and the array length will then
    be available from /proc/kcore for user-mode tools to recreate the
    .config file.

    Here are tools and a test/documentation script that shows it
    will work. The .config on my machine generates a 1730 byte
    array. This is certainly small enough to not be considered
    bloat.

    The advantage, of course is that if you are executing the kernel,
    it can give you all the information necessary to recreate a
    new one from the sources because its .config is embeded into
    itself. Once you have the ".config" file, you just do `make oldconfig`
    and you are home free.

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson

    Penguin : Linux version 2.4.1 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

    was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:1.352 seconds]