    SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

    > > But as I understand your weave method, its not even linear as a
    > > function of version size, its a function of _archive size_. The
    > > archive is the sum of the versions woven together, and that means your
    > > operation is really O(N+A) = O(A).
    > The statement was "extracting *any* version of the file takes constant
    > time, regardless of which version". It's a correct statement and

    So, you are saying that you can extract *any* version of any file
    within second?

    Certainly not. [Take sufficiently big file...]

    If you are saying that speed of getting any file does not depend on
    which version you want, that is pretty different statement.
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.025 / U:16.252 seconds]