    SubjectRe: [patch] get_request starvation fix
    On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:13:26PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Second version of this patch, incorporating Suparna's
    > suggested simplification (the low-water mark was
    > unnecessary).
    > This patch is working well here. Hopefully it'll pop up
    > in an rmap kernel soon.
    > Bill Irwin has been doing some fairly extensive tuning
    > and testing of this. Hopefully he'll come out with some
    > numbers soon.

    Much of my testing has involved varying elevator and bdflush parameters
    to find what works best with this. From preliminary results it is clear
    that the resolution of the fairness issues in this patch and the read
    latency patch does not impair performance.

    I'll do a bunch more runs tonight with the latest version of this.
    My prior runs were with an earlier version.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.048 / U:0.040 seconds]