    SubjectRe: windows is more secure than linux!!
    On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Andrew Scott wrote:

    > On 5 Feb 2002 at 16:41, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, william fitzgerald wrote:
    > >
    > > > some of you might find this interesting others
    > > > disheartening
    > >
    > > Still others, like me, find it very encouraging
    > > that Microsoft can't stop talking about Linux.
    > > They must be enthusiastic about it, or something.
    > >

    > > Now add the security holes in ISS, Outlook, Exchange,
    > > Access and all available pieces of Windows software
    > > into the picture so Linux and Windows are measured on
    > > an equal ground.
    > >
    > > Lies, damn lies & statistics.
    > Or as my dad used to say, "Figures don't lie, but liers can figure".

    FYI Windows can't stay running long enough to pose much of a
    security hazard. A week ago, I dumbed-down one of my boxes at
    home, that had been running Linux reliably for over a year. I
    wanted to install Cakewalk Home Studio and it hasn't (yet) been
    ported to Linux. So far, I have re-installed everything 4 times,
    plus the 'mandatory' Windows/2000 patch. It is impossible to
    do anything useful for more than an hour without encountering
    the Blue-Screen-of-Death, followed by a re-install because the
    machine won't complete a boot without another 'blue-screen'.

    So, it's true. Linux, which can stay running for 300 or more days,
    is a good target for Internet Hackers to poke at -- and we've got
    lots of servers on-line just baiting hackers for DOS attacks. Most
    Windows machines don't poke their dirty noses out from behind
    fire-walls, so they are "more secure".

    Dick Johnson

    Penguin : Linux version 2.4.1 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

    was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.024 / U:13.980 seconds]