    Subject2.5.50-mjb1 (scalability / NUMA patchset)
    The patchset contains mainly scalability and NUMA stuff, and
    anything else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant
    to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground for new stuff.
    I'd be very interested in feedback from other people running
    large SMP or NUMA boxes.

    Since 2.5.47-mjb3:

    merged by Linus:
    - noearlyirq Martin Bligh et al.

    all screwed up at the moment:
    - dcache_rcu Dipankar Sarma

    merged up to 2.5.50 base
    + devclass_panic Bill Irwin
    + shpte Dave McCracken
    + subarch reorg John Stultz
    + numaq_makefile Martin Bligh
    + numaq_apic James Cleverdon / Martin Bligh
    + numaq_mpparse1 James Cleverdon / Martin Bligh
    + config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
    + vmalloc_stats Dave Hansen
    + notsc Martin Bligh

    Speed up page init on boot (Bill Irwin)
    Move more of NUMA-Q to subarch (James C / Martin / John)
    Full Summit support (James C / John)
    RCU routecache (?)
    Per-cpu interrupt stacks (bcrl / Dave)
    4K Kernel stacks config option (Dave)
    scheduler callers profiling (Anton)
    PPC64 NUMA patches (Anton)
    The revenge of dcache_rcu (Dipankar)
    /proc/meminfo.numa (Me and others).

    kgdb Various People
    The older version of kgdb, not the shiny new stuff in Andrew's tree.
    Yes, I'm boring and slow.

    rcu_stats Dipankar Sarma
    Gives rcu statistics

    i386_topo Matt Dobson
    Some i386 topology cleanups to make it cache the data.

    use_generic_topo Matt Dobson
    Something to do with tolopology that I forget.

    numasched1 Erich Focht
    Numa scheduler general foundation work + pooling

    numasched2 Michael Hohnbaum
    Numa scheduler lightweight initial load balancing.

    local_pgdat Bill Irwin
    Move the pgdat structure into the remapped space with lmem_map

    early_printk Dave Hansen et al.
    Allow printk before console_init

    frameptr Martin Bligh
    Disable -fomit_frame_pointer

    confighz Dave Hansen
    Make HZ a config option

    devclass_panic Bill Irwin
    Reorder sysfs init for topo to avoid panic

    shpte Dave McCracken
    Shared pagetables (as a config option)

    subarch reorg John Stultz
    Move the header files for subarch under include/asm-i386

    numaq_makefile Martin Bligh
    Create shell of NUMA-Q subarch support.

    numaq_apic James Cleverdon / Martin Bligh
    Break out some apic stuff for NUMA-Q into subarch

    numaq_mpparse1 James Cleverdon / Martin Bligh
    Break out some mpparse stuff for NUMA-Q into subarch

    config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
    Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

    vmalloc_stats Dave Hansen
    Expose useful vmalloc statistics

    notsc Martin Bligh
    Enable notsc option for NUMA-Q (new version for new config system)

    mjb1 Martin Bligh
    Add a tag to the makefile

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.023 / U:6.264 seconds]