    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Re: [2.5.50, ACPI] link error
    Hi!

    > > > You broke the design. S3 support was developed long before swsusp was in
    > > > the kernel, and completely indpendent of it. It should have remained that
    > > > way.
    > > >
    > > > S3 support is a subset of what is need for S4 support.
    > >
    > > That's not true. acpi_wakeup.S is nasty piece of code, needed for S3
    > > but not for S4. Big part of driver support is only needed for S3.
    > >
    > > > swsusp is an implementation of S4 support. In theory, there could be
    > > > multiple implementations that all use the same core (saving/restoring
    > > > state).
    > >
    > > There were patches for S4bios floating around, but it never really
    > > worked, IIRC.
    >
    > No. It work. I do not resubmmited patches because I think that
    > swsusp is better.

    I think that s4bios is nice to have. Its similar to S3 and easier to
    set up than swsusp... It would be nice to have it.
    Pavel
    --
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.