    SubjectRe: Proposed ACPI Licensing change
    On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 00:10, Grover, Andrew wrote:
    > In order to solve this, we are considering releasing the Linux version of
    > the interpreter under a dual license. This would allow direct incorporation
    > of changes. Any patches submitted against the ACPI core code would
    > implicitly be allowed to be used by us in a non-GPL context. This is already
    > done elsewhere in the Linux kernel source by the PCMCIA code, for example.

    I think this is an extremely good idea. I certainly would have no
    problem contributing cleanup/fixes to the project under those terms. And
    if I did something large and mega cool with ACPI I can still GPL it only
    and you can still ignore it 8)

    There is a tradition of contributing patches back under the license the
    project you are contributing to used (and ACPI is certainly big enough
    to be 'a project' not just a patch)

    Suits me fine

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.041 / U:128.656 seconds]