Subjectanalysing crash dumps
hi,

I'd appreciate any advice on how one would go about analysing a core
dump of a crashed machine, eg as obtained via netdump.

I'm trying to pin down some kind of timing problem with a driver,
which i've determined from NMI handler forced Oops() is getting stuck
spinning in its interrupt handler. However, i'd like to try see if i
can pull any information about its state from the core dump.

gdb doesnt seem happy with the stack (kernel is compiled without frame
pointers, no?), 'bt' and 'frame' commands dont really do anything
useful.

so any advice / pointers to good docs on how to analyse a netdump
would be much appreciated.

thanks,
--
Paul Jakma Sys Admin Alphyra