    SubjectRe: Indention - why spaces?
    Previously John Bradford wrote:
    > In my opinion, indentation in any form is irritating.

    So set your tabwidth/shiftwidth/whatever to 0 (or 1, at least vim
    does not seem to allow you to set a zero shiftwidth).

    > I find a left hand margin that jumps around, and in deeply nested
    > loops effectively makes a 132 column terminal in to an 80 column
    > terminal, completely pointless.

    Well, I disagree. But I agree that the amount of indenting used is
    a highly personal thing, and I find forcing a set limit by demanding
    people use spaces a bad practice. But I don't do any kernel work,
    so my opinion is probably of little value here.

    Wichert Akkerman <>
    A random hacker

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.021 / U:6.164 seconds]