    SubjectRe: lkml, bugme.osdl.org?
    Date
    In article <20021203121521.GB30431@suse.de>,
    Dave Jones <davej@codemonkey.org.uk> wrote:

    | "xxx doesn't work in 2.5.47", then Rusty's module rewrite happened,
    | and the tester didn't (or couldn't) see if it got fixed in subsequent
    | kernels. I'll send out pings to such reports when they get to something
    | like 5 kernels old. If the problem then doesn't get re-ACKed, I'll
    | close it. Any objections?

    Since you are doing the work, you should set your own policy. I might
    suggest that if we revert the module stuff to something working in
    fewer than five versions you might ping then, and you might wait to
    drop stuff of the "xxx fails in 2.5.47 as a module" until modules work
    again or we officially go to a monolythic kernel.

    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc