    SubjectRe: OT: Which Gigabit ethernet card?
    Jurgen Kramer wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I know this is a bit OT but because here are the kernel driver hackers
    > this might be the right place to ask.
    >
    > I am looking for a couple of PCI Gigabit ethernet adapters to play
    > around with SAN/NAS stuff like iSCSI and HyperSCSI and the like. There
    > are variuos adapters around which work with Linux. My choice would be
    > based on the following:
    >
    > - Relatively cheap, around $100/EUR100
    > - 32 bit/33MHz PCI compatible

    Try the Netgear 302t, with the tg3 driver.

    Works pretty good if you are not also running a bunch of other interfaces.
    If you are running lots of interfaces, it will still work, but may spew
    warning messages to the console (maybe it's been fixed...I saw this 1-2 months ago)

    Ben

    Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
    President of Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
    ScryMUD: http://scry.wanfear.com http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear