SubjectRe: OT: Which Gigabit ethernet card?
Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a bit OT but because here are the kernel driver hackers
> this might be the right place to ask.
>
> I am looking for a couple of PCI Gigabit ethernet adapters to play
> around with SAN/NAS stuff like iSCSI and HyperSCSI and the like. There
> are variuos adapters around which work with Linux. My choice would be
> based on the following:
>
> - Relatively cheap, around $100/EUR100
> - 32 bit/33MHz PCI compatible

Try the Netgear 302t, with the tg3 driver.

Works pretty good if you are not also running a bunch of other interfaces.
If you are running lots of interfaces, it will still work, but may spew
warning messages to the console (maybe it's been fixed...I saw this 1-2 months ago)

Ben

Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
President of Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
ScryMUD: http://scry.wanfear.com http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear