    SubjectRe: Dedicated kernel bug database
    On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 20:20, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    > >> Anything in "OPEN" state isn't really assigned to anyone yet.
    > >> (the state would really better be named "NEW", but it's not).
    > >> People should move it to "ASSIGNED" if they're working on it.
    > >
    > > So the process is to query for all open bugs (but not
    > > assigned) then email each person to let them know you are
    > > working on it?
    >
    > Sounds about right. If we had processes ;-)
    >
    > >> Go to file a new bug, click on the link by the subcategories, and it'll
    > >> tell you (you'll have to pick the main category first).
    > >
    > > That is convoluted. You have to file a bug to find out who
    > > the subsystem maintainers are? Can you put it somewhere more
    > > obvious?
    >
    > Well, you don't have to file one, you just pretend to. But it's
    > not nice, I agree. Jon, is there an easier way to do this, and get
    > all the information in one shot?
    >
    > M.

    There is also a link to it on the query page - the Components label.
    Basically its a link to
    http://bugzilla.kernel.org/describecomponents.cgi
    We could put a link to it on the main page or elsewhere too if that
    would be more convenient. It would be easy enough to write a page to
    show all the component owners in one shot too if desired.

    Jon

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.063 / U:29.692 seconds]