    SubjectRe: Alcatel speedtouch USB driver and SMP.
    At 09:02 AM 12/16/2002 +0000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    > >> drivers/usb/misc/speedtouch.c
    > Greg> Ah good, you're using one that the source is available for
    > Greg> :) I think the developer has said it will work on SMP
    > Greg> machines, but what problems are you having, and have you
    > Greg> asked the author of the code?
    >I haven't any problems yet, as I haven't bought the modem yet. I don't
    >want to if it is going to give me problems.
    >The 1.4 version of the driver (before integration into 2.5 series
    >kernel), is supposed to not work with SMP kernels (that's why I asked
    >in the first place). So I contacted the author (Johan Verrept) to ask on the status,
    >and he said he thought it was probably OK now, as it was in the 2.5
    >So I grabbed the 2.5.51 sources and looked at the see, and could see
    >no mention of a change to fix SMP. So I then contacted Richard Purdie,
    >who was the last person to make a change to the source. He said he
    >didn't know.
    >So, is anyone using it on SMP?
    I was, until I got Bluetooth DSL access point :).

    I used to have PPPoE setup with Speedtouch modem on my Dual Athlon box. It was running
    2.4.18 at that time. Most of the SMP problems were in the ATM code. I fixed some of them
    and my patches went into 2.4.19. I did some hack to the driver itself but those
    were minor.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.019 / U:9.268 seconds]