    SubjectRe: 2.5 Changes doc update.
    On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 12:25, Dave Jones wrote:

    Nice work, Dave.

    > - The bdflush() system call is still there and still just causes
    > the calling process to exit. This strangeness is presumably there
    > to support people whose initscripts are trying to start the obsolete
    > 'update' daemon. It's likely this will become deprecated and usage of
    > this will start logging messages to syslog.

    This is now the case in 2.5-mm - bdflush() is deprecated and will print
    a stern warning on use.

    I suspect this will move to mainline shortly.

    > Need checking.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > - Someone reported evolution locks up when calender/tasks/contacts is selected.
    > Further digging has revealed a change to the getpeername syscall changed
    > behaviour. See http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/2002-October/005218.html
    > for a patch to ORBit.

    Yes, Evolution is broken. The problem is actually ORBit. I have talked
    to Elliot Lee about this and we are not sure whether it is the kernel's
    or ORBit's fault. I originally thought it was ORBit's, but it is
    looking like the kernel's to be honest. The behavior of getpeername()
    wrt to sun_path seems to of changed. If any networking hacker wants to
    look into it, please do :)

    In the mean time, you CAN fix the problem by patching ORBit. I have a
    patch and RPM packages available at:

    http://tech9.net/rml/orbit/

    Which works just fine for me.

    Robert Love

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.030 / U:1.736 seconds]