    SubjectRe: [lkcd-devel] Re: What's left over.
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > So my gut impression at least says an interface that ignores where
    > the image wants to live just adds complexity in other places,

    Linus' alloc_kernel_pages function would actually be able to handle
    this, provided that the "validity callback" checks if the allocated
    page happens to be in one of the destination areas.

    I'm not so sure if this implementation is really that much more
    compact than your current conflict resolution, though. Also, it may
    be hairy in scenarios where you actually expect to fill more than
    50% of system memory. (But your concerns about a 128MB limit scare
    me, too. I realize that people have taken initrds to extremes I
    never quite imagined, but that still looks a little excessive :-)

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.025 / U:146.708 seconds]