    SubjectRe: The return of the return of crunch time (2.5 merge candidate list 1.6)
    Hi!

    > The point of my patchkit is to allow the file systems
    > who support better resolution to handle it properly. Other filesystems
    > are not worse than before when they flush inodes (and better off when
    > they keep everything in ram for your build because then they will enjoy
    > full time resolution)

    What about always rounding down even when inode is
    in memory? That is both simple and consistent.

    > If you really wanted that I would recommend to change make.
    > When all nanosecond parts are 0 it is reasonable for make to assume that
    > the fs doesn't support finegrained resolution. But I'm not sure it's
    > worth it.

    Thats really ugly heuristics. What about filling
    nanosecond part with ~0 when unavailable?

    Psvel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.037 / U:59.504 seconds]