    SubjectRe: [lkcd-devel] Re: What's left over.
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    [ Al's FS-based kexec interface ]

    > For the record my opinion is there is extra code bloat but it is ok
    > if it is built as kexecfs. Any other way of getting a magic file
    > to work with seems currently insane.

    Yes, such an interface change would only make sense if you couldn't
    get the system call, or if there would actually be a useful way for
    setting up kexec using "third party" programs. But it seems unlikely
    to me that somebody could get all the magic right just by using dd.

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:2.384 seconds]