    SubjectRe: 2.5.46-mm1
    On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > url: http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/2.5/2.5.46/2.5.46-mm1/
    >
    > It wasn't clear whether it was useful or desirable to keep these patchsets
    > turning over. But it will be helpful to keep them as a marshalling point
    > for people to see what is queued up, to get some additional testing and
    > stabilisation and for people to sync up against. And also to keep things
    > like shared pagetables and dcache-rcu under test.

    For what it's worth, the last mm kernel which booted on my old P-II IDE
    test machine was 44-mm2. With 44-mm6 and this one I get an oops on boot.
    Unfortunately it isn't written to disk, scrolls off the console, and
    leaves the machine totally dead to anything less than a reset. I will try
    2.5.46 base after I apply the few patches needed to make it compile, and
    send you my config if you think it will help.

    2.5.44 and all 4[45]-ac? builds booted and ran.

    This is just a "problem present" notice, I have no decent info for
    debugging.

    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc