SubjectRe: 2.5.46-mm1
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Andrew Morton wrote:

> url:
> It wasn't clear whether it was useful or desirable to keep these patchsets
> turning over. But it will be helpful to keep them as a marshalling point
> for people to see what is queued up, to get some additional testing and
> stabilisation and for people to sync up against. And also to keep things
> like shared pagetables and dcache-rcu under test.

For what it's worth, the last mm kernel which booted on my old P-II IDE
test machine was 44-mm2. With 44-mm6 and this one I get an oops on boot.
Unfortunately it isn't written to disk, scrolls off the console, and
leaves the machine totally dead to anything less than a reset. I will try
2.5.46 base after I apply the few patches needed to make it compile, and
send you my config if you think it will help.

2.5.44 and all 4[45]-ac? builds booted and ran.

This is just a "problem present" notice, I have no decent info for

bill davidsen <>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc