    SubjectRe: [Q] How to flush disk cache w/read-only filesystem w/o unmount&remount? (shared SAN filesystem)

    > You may be in luck - we likely need to have an ioctl to do this from
    > e2fsck because the ext3 htree repacking of bad directories is causing
    > a bunch of problems. In theory, the startup scripts should reboot the
    > system in this case, but there have also been cases reported where
    > people ran "e2fsck -D" on an ro-mounted root and then read-write mounted
    > it again.

    It would be great if we could avoid the reboot, the biggest machines
    I have access to can take 45 minutes to to pass firmware checks. I
    hate it when fsck finds and error and causes another reboot :)

    Anton

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:0.684 seconds]