SubjectRe: [Q] How to flush disk cache w/read-only filesystem w/o unmount&remount? (shared SAN filesystem)

> You may be in luck - we likely need to have an ioctl to do this from
> e2fsck because the ext3 htree repacking of bad directories is causing
> a bunch of problems. In theory, the startup scripts should reboot the
> system in this case, but there have also been cases reported where
> people ran "e2fsck -D" on an ro-mounted root and then read-write mounted
> it again.

It would be great if we could avoid the reboot, the biggest machines
I have access to can take 45 minutes to to pass firmware checks. I
hate it when fsck finds and error and causes another reboot :)

Anton