    SubjectRe: Reconfiguring one SW-RAID when other RAIDs are running
    On Monday November 4, hpa@zytor.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to re-create a RAID while leaving the other RAIDs --
    > including the root filesystem -- running, but mkraid refuses to run:
    >
    > hera 1 # mkraid /dev/md2
    > /dev/md0: array is active -- run raidstop first.
    > mkraid: aborted.
    > (In addition to the above messages, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat as well
    > for potential clues.)

    I cannot offer any help on using mkraid, except to avoid it :-(
    mdadm is (I believe and others agree) much easier to use.
    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/source/mdadm/

    It is definately being maintained, not that it has needed much...

    > (Also note: the raid directory on kernel.org seems to be abandoned.
    > Unless someone speaks up I'm going to remove it.)

    Again, I cannot comment on this directory, but would there be any
    change of getting somewhere on kernel.org to distribute mdadm??

    Thanks,
    NeilBrown

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.022 / U:30.304 seconds]