SubjectRe: Reconfiguring one SW-RAID when other RAIDs are running
On Monday November 4, wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to re-create a RAID while leaving the other RAIDs --
> including the root filesystem -- running, but mkraid refuses to run:
> hera 1 # mkraid /dev/md2
> /dev/md0: array is active -- run raidstop first.
> mkraid: aborted.
> (In addition to the above messages, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat as well
> for potential clues.)

I cannot offer any help on using mkraid, except to avoid it :-(
mdadm is (I believe and others agree) much easier to use.

It is definately being maintained, not that it has needed much...

> (Also note: the raid directory on seems to be abandoned.
> Unless someone speaks up I'm going to remove it.)

Again, I cannot comment on this directory, but would there be any
change of getting somewhere on to distribute mdadm??