    SubjectRe: Kswapd madness in 2.4 kernels
    Status report:

    Due to dependencies, I didn't try the two recommended patches alone. I ran
    Andrea's 2.4.20-pre10aa1 kernel on the test load for one week. Low memory
    was conserved and kswapd never went out of control. Presumably,
    05_vm_16_active_free_zone_bhs-1 did the job for buffers, and the inode patch
    continued to work.

    Are there any plans on getting these into 2.4.21?

    On Friday 25 October 2002 09:57 am, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, James Cleverdon wrote:
    > > We have some customers with some fairly beefy servers. They can get the
    > > system into an unusable state that has been reported on lkml before.
    > >
    > > The two attached patches applied to 2.4.19 fix the problem on our test
    > > boxes.
    > >
    > > Are these patches still considered a good idea for 2.4? Is there
    > > something better I should be using?
    > Yes, these patches are a good idea. I'm curious why they
    > haven't been submitted to Marcelo yet ;)
    > Rik

    James Cleverdon
    IBM xSeries Linux Solutions
    {jamesclv(Unix, preferred), cleverdj(Notes)} at us dot ibm dot com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.027 / U:0.012 seconds]