SubjectRe: When laptop is docked, eth0 moves from pcmcia to docking station nic (both work wth same driver)
On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 17:17, Buddy Lumpkin wrote:
> I have a laptop with a 3com PCMCIA NIC and a 3com NIC built into a
> docking station. When I dock my laptop, eth0 becomes the docking station
> NIC. I just want to know where to look to be able to control which
> device becomes which device. Im used to Solaris where a path_to_inst
> file correlates a device path to an instance number and device links are
> made accordingly. Does Linux have a similar capability?

You can ask for the MAC or PCI address of an interface, and you can
rename interfaces if you wish. The Red Hat 8.0 scripts are one example
that supports this

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.748 / U:0.080 seconds]