    SubjectRe: RFC: A POSIX Linux project?
    Andreas Dilger wrote:
    > What about the existing POSIX test suite from X/Open? I don't know what
    > the current license is, but it is certainly freely downloadable from
    > their website. However, it is a pain in the a** to set up and run, so
    > a new version would definitely be welcome.

    If I understand correctly, the test suites that cover POSIX extensions more
    recent than 1990 are not free. Also, these use the TET framework, whereas this
    project hopes to keep tests very simple and standalone, so the code can be
    immediately sent to and warmly received by developers if bugs are found.

    -- Geoff Gustafson

    These are my views and not necessarily those of my employer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.039 / U:10.320 seconds]