    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Open POSIX Test Suite
    On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 02:48:47PM -0800, Geoff Gustafson wrote:
    > I would like to announce a new project to develop and/or assemble a GPL test
    > suite for POSIX APIs.

    Great idea. We can help in the following way: BitKeeper has an extremely
    simple test harness used for regressions. It's well thought out in that
    it is trivial to write simple tests and run them in isolation or to
    run the whole suite. If you want the harness, we'll give it to you
    under whatever license you want, I assume GPL, but we don't care.

    You can see what the tests look like in BK, if you have it installed, we
    ship all the tests, they are in `bk bin`/t

    A simple test might be

    # test that touch creates a file
    touch foo
    test -f foo || {
    echo failed to create foo
    exit 1

    The harness takes care of putting you in a clean isolated environment.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:12.888 seconds]