    SubjectRe: swsusp: don't eat ide disks

    > > You are probably right that for ide disk quiescing a queue is enough,
    > > but nothing prevents block device to do some DMA just for fun. Also I
    > > want to spindown on suspend (andre wanted that, to flush caches), so I
    > > guess that the patch is quite good as-is....
    > That will get done by the power down part of the process as its needed
    > in both cases

    At least in suspend-to-ram (S3), power down part is not even
    called. [Its suspend, we are not powering off, after all.]
    On S3 resume you should wait for disks to spin up, so you need resume

    I used same stuff for S3 and S4, which means I do need to spin them
    down even for S4. I believe same handlers for S3 and S4 suspend/resume
    is right thing to do...
    Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:4.984 seconds]