SubjectRe: swsusp: don't eat ide disks

> > You are probably right that for ide disk quiescing a queue is enough,
> > but nothing prevents block device to do some DMA just for fun. Also I
> > want to spindown on suspend (andre wanted that, to flush caches), so I
> > guess that the patch is quite good as-is....
> That will get done by the power down part of the process as its needed
> in both cases

At least in suspend-to-ram (S3), power down part is not even
called. [Its suspend, we are not powering off, after all.]
On S3 resume you should wait for disks to spin up, so you need resume

I used same stuff for S3 and S4, which means I do need to spin them
down even for S4. I believe same handlers for S3 and S4 suspend/resume
is right thing to do...
Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.