    SubjectRe: [kconfig] Survival of scripts/Menuconfig?

    On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Petr Baudis wrote:

    > I'd like to ask if there's still a reason to keep scripts/Menuconfig in the
    > tree; AFAIK it's not used at all anymore, can we thus remove it? (Possibly we
    > could mention its existence and basic credits at the top of
    > scripts/kconfig/mconf.c, which is at least partially based on it?) If the
    > answer is yes, I'm willing to do the patch etc.

    There is more to be removed, which I plan to do with the next update.

    > I'm asking because I want to move the relevant lxdialog functionality to
    > scripts/kconfig/mconf.c (I think it makes no sense to call lxdialog externally
    > from mconf.c) and get rid of the separate lxdialog tree. And scripts/Menuconfig
    > is the only other user of lxdialog.

    What do you plan to do with it exactly?
    In any case could you start with a copy of mconf.c? We are past feature
    freeze now, so it makes little sense to remove lxdialog, but it could be
    distributed separately together with the qt/gtk version.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.021 / U:6.308 seconds]