    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.20-rc4-ac1
    On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 08:15:02AM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > > Martin, could you please review whether the patch below which does the
    > > following is correct?
    > >
    > > - kill the last occurence of CLUSTERED_APIC_NUMAQ
    > > - only one definition of PCI_CONF1_ADDRESS is needed
    > > (#ifndef CONFIG_MULTIQUAD the BUS2LOCAL() has no effect)
    > > - fix an #endif comment
    > I'm confused at to what made this break recently .... what release
    > did this break on? Either it was something very recent, everyone
    > else is asleep, or you're doing something wierd (like compling with
    > MULTIQUAD on?)

    Yes, I tried a compilation with MULTIQUAD on.

    The "very recent" might be that I'm talking about -ac (look at the

    > CLUSTERED_APIC_NUMAQ is a part of the Summit patch introduction,
    > where John (cc'ed) splits clustered_apic_mode from a boolean into
    > a switch (in 2.4 ... I did 2.5 differently). Maybe we merged half
    > of a summit patch somehow, and didn't get the define?

    First of all:
    I noticed this problem while doing a compile-only test, I have no real
    knowledge of the code.

    In 2.4.20-pre the following change was made in several places:
    clustered_apic_mode -> (clustered_apic_mode == CLUSTERED_APIC_NUMAQ)

    In 2.4.20-pre-ac they were changed again, this time
    (clustered_apic_mode == CLUSTERED_APIC_NUMAQ) -> clustered_apic_logical

    According to grep the occurence of CLUSTERED_APIC_NUMAQ my patch changes
    was the last one _in the whole kernel sources of 2.4.20-rc4-ac1_.

    It might be that my patch is wrong but there's undoubtable something
    that needs to be fixed.

    > M.

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.021 / U:0.384 seconds]