    SubjectUnable to boot a raw kernel image :??
        Hi all :))

    A time ago I was able to generate bootable Linux CD's just by
    dd'ing a floppy containing a raw kernel image:

    dd if=/dev/fd0 of=eltorito

    After that, mkisofsing, toasting and booting. But now, depending
    on the machine, I have 'invalid compressed format' errors, or even
    ye olde register dump when the image was damaged :(

    Booting directly from the floppy works, but booting with that
    same image from a CD does not :(( I now I can use LILO, or better
    yet, Syslinux or isolinux, but I'm just curious why I cannot boot raw
    image-based CD's anymore.

    Anyone knows what's happenning here?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:0.436 seconds]