SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.20 ACPI
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Tom Diehl wrote:

> Is this the same problem that Intel L440GX Motherboards have. In order to get
> it to boot I need to compile a custom kernel with acpi enabled. I am told it
> is some kind of irq routing problem and only Intel can fix it with a BIOS update
> which they do seem interested in addressing. :-( Sure would be nice to be able
> to boot stock Red Hat kernels on this machine.

From memory, if both ACPI and APM are enabled, the ACPI notices the APM
and doesn't enable (or partially disables). Have you tried booting a RH
kernel with "noapm" to see if ACPI is there and would work for you if APM
were not there?

Do note, I haven't gone back to look at the RH config, I will try it for
grins the next time I reboot.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc