    SubjectLinux 2.4.20-rc4-ac1
    [+ indicates stuff that went to Marcelo, o stuff that has not,
    * indicates stuff that is merged in mainstream now, X stuff that proved
    bad and was dropped out, - indicates stuff not relevant to the main tree]

    Linux 2.4.20-rc4-ac1
    Merge with Marcelo 2.4.20-rc4
    o Fix serverworks BUG with UDMA CD-ROM (me)
    o Revert pc keyb changes causing hangs on VIA (me)
    boxes without a PS/2 mouse
    o Fix out of date examples of misc_register (Chris Wilson)
    and check_region in mousedriver docs
    o Fix hang and carrier handling on lanstreamer (Kent Yoder)
    o Fix ac97 codec name printing (Paul)
    o Fix off by one buffer copy on advansys (Rik van Riel)
    o Fix division by zero in tigl usb (Randy Dunlap)

    Linux 2.4.20-rc2-ac3
    o Add handling for video capture hang on ALi (me)
    Magik, when using BT848/BT878 devices
    o Signal handling performance fixes (Andrew Morton)
    o Add VIA KT400 to the AGP tables (Dave Jones)
    o Update direct rendering manager to support (Arjan van de Ven)
    upcoming XFree 4.3
    | XFree86 release with the Linux bug fixes
    | restored and a lot of noise/junk removed

    Linux 2.4.20-rc2-ac2
    o Turn PCI debug back off (me)
    o Fix pci cache line printks not to wrap 80 cols (me)
    o Fix and enable new style drive blacklist lists (me)
    o Fix tags in journal docbook (Juan Quintela)
    o Add the DriverFixers document to 2.4 as well (me)
    o Cyclades resource handling fixes (Doug Ledford)
    o Rmap needs flush order fix from base VM (Hugh Dickins)
    o Handle 8253 latch getting out of sync
    | eg due to BIOS SMM bugs/suspend-resume etc (Jim Paris)
    o Handle 8253 clones that show the latch value (Jim Paris)
    momentarily before zeroing
    o memcpy_from/toio could end up prefetching (Dave Jones)
    | Bad on early Athlons for one
    o iphase ATM updates (Francois Romieu)
    o Update MPT fusion driver (Pam Delaney)
    o Add 24/32bit audio support to OSS (Monty)
    o Add USB audio support for 24/32bit audio (Monty)
    o Add ALi USB workaround to 2.4 (T H Chou)
    o Add a sanity check to the LVM2 ioctl vmalloc (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add PERC 320/DC to the aacraid pci data (Matt Domsch)
    o Add SiS 651 series AGP identifiers (Michel Pollet)

    Linux 2.4.20-rc2-ac1
    - Merge with Marcelo 2.4.20-rc2
    o Backport ATI IGP IDE stop for ALi IDE (me)
    o Backport quirks.c handler for RadeonIGP (me)
    o Export smp_num_siblings (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o Update AMI megaraid driver (Atul Mukker)
    * Fix mk712 touchscreen driver (Lee Nash)
    o CPUfreq updates (Dominik Brodowski, Dave Jones
    David Kimdon)
    o Add new NVIDIA audio chipset identifiers (Tom McReynolds)
    o Remove duplicates in MAINTAINERS (Brian Davids)
    o Add missing x86 cache tag info (Ricardo Galli)
    o Fix ips as a module with new binutils (Adrian Bunk)
    o Initialize USB before media drivers (Duncan Haldane)
    o CMD64x doesn't drive CMD680 - fix docs (Gabor Papp)
    o Add help to SII3112/CMD680 (me)
    o Fix newer binutils section conflict in scsi (Andreas Steinmetz)
    drivers for in2000 and t128

    Linux 2.4.20-rc1-ac4

    o Fix the rmap build problem in ac3 (Henning Schmiedehausen)
    o Fix confusing PCI IDE config question (me)
    o IDE warning fixes (me)
    o Update pcmcia_cs (except ide_cs) (David Hinds)
    o Fix IDE compile without IDE DMA support (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-rc1-ac3
    o Backport speedproc change from 2.5 IDE (me)
    o Backport ide-lib changes from 2.5 IDE (me)
    o Move over the 2.5 ide pci driver modules (me)
    | except trm290 (thats trickier)
    o Backport setup-pci changes from 2.5 IDE (me)
    o Put in a temporary fix for the boot time second (me)
    interface only oops

    Linux 2.4.20-rc1-ac2
    o Ptrace NT flag fix (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o lcall NT clear fixes (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Fix cpqfc crash on load with IA64 (Martink Knoblauch)
    o Fix delay loop in i810 DRM (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Make oom killing more aggressive (Rik van Riel)
    o Remove dead page launder code (Rik van Riel)
    o Backport 2.5 slabbed pte chains (William Irwin III)
    o Fold page_over_rsslimit into page_referenced (Rik van Riel)
    o Bring -ac and -rmap page_alloc in line (Rik van Riel)
    o Fix cpufreq compile failure (Adrian Bunk)
    o Fix a missing path_release (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Backport 2.5 ricoh performance fix (Komuro)
    o Fix serverworks /proc reporting (Julian Blake)
    o Backport serverworks OSB4 disk handling (me)
    o Fix i810 settrigger bugs (Paul Stewart)
    * Fix subtractive bridge decode (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fix hd_driveid structure layout bug (Mark Lord)
    o Small matroxfb fixes (Petr Vandrovec)
    * Fix intermezzo build (K Sreeram)
    o Use longer delays on trident init (Kenneth Sumrall)
    o CPUfreq updates (Dominik Brodowski)

    Linux 2.4.20-rc1-ac1
    o Resync with 2.4.20-rc1

    Linux 2.4.20-pre10-ac2
    o Resync with the inter-mezzo 0.9.5 tree
    | Intermezzo now doesnt blow up on startup
    o Ninja-SCSI driver (GOTO Masanori)
    o Update CPUfreq (Dominik Brodowski)
    o Natsemi SC1200 drivers (Christer Weinigel)
    o Fix ide noncompile with gcc 3.3 snapshots (Skip Ford)
    o dmi scanner updates (Jean Delvare)
    o Put appletalk drivers under ISA bus (Brian Murrell)
    o Fix scsi crash with AHA2840 card (Herbert Xu)
    o Fix sleep with lock held in iphase atm (Francois Romieu)
    o Further sis fb updates (Thomas Winischhofer)
    o Fix mishandling of some packet sizes by (Vaibhav Madan)
    o Update olymic drivers (Mike Phillips)
    o Add NFS O_DIRECT support (Trond Myklebust)
    o Remove some remaining put_user_ret stuff (S Baur)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre10-ac1
    - Resync with Marcelo

    Linux 2.4.20-pre8-ac3
    o Make hisax fail to load if asked to drive (Alan Hourihane)
    a specific card type that is not found
    o Further CPUfreq updates (Gerald Britton, H Peter Anvin
    Dominik Brodowski)
    o Fix IDE PCMCIA eject lock up (me)
    o Reduce the initial md rebuild speed (Arjan van de Ven)
    | on slow hardware it can basically hold the entire boot up
    | now the user can set it higher after boot (yes it ought to auto
    | tune)
    o Don't wait for missing devices to spin up (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Stick all the other MODEM definitions for IRDA (me)
    into the tree
    o VIA C3 seems happiest with 486 scheduled code (me)
    with no padding
    o Update lanstreamer to new pci api, fix init bug (Kent Yoder)
    o Update SubmittingDrivers document (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix vmalloc kfree fix (Art Haas)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre8-ac2
    o Fix IDE DMA command setup ordering (Khalid Aziz)
    | This might make a lot more CD devices work reliably with DMA
    | and also let us start turning cd dma on for more cards
    o Write FF ending EOF markers to FAT filesystems (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    | Needed for some apparently buggy MP3 players
    o Remove a pile more dead speakup bits (me)
    o Update eepro100 mdio functions (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix 3270 console reboot loop (Richard Hitt)
    * Replace tubfs security fix with full proper (Richard Hitt)
    * Recognize 3174 units (Richard Hitt)
    * Dynamically allocate 3270 input buffers (Richard Hitt)
    * Fix colour processing on 3270 devices (Richard Hitt)
    | colour ls and RH/SuSE bootup now correctly
    | appar in colours
    o Update to rmap-14b (Rik van Riel)
    | Patch thanks to Marc-Christian Petersen
    o Update kernel parameter documentation (Randy Dunlap)
    o Fix function pasting warning in cycx_x25 (Adam)
    o Fix function pasting warnings in gt91600eth (Adam)
    o Add storage entry for Datafab DF-UG-07 chips (Marek Michalkiewicz)
    * SunRPC wakeups fix (Trond Myklebust)
    o Wavelan_cs time handling fix
    o Raid autodetect for sun disk labels (Alex Williamson)
    o hpusbscsi disconnect and smp deadlock fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Kaweth SMP locking fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Ext3 inode dirty order in corner cases (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Ext3 truncate performance optimisation (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Ext3 journal sanity checker (Andreas Dilger)
    o Ext3 handle credit debug checker (Andreas Dilger)
    o Handle leak in vmalloc error path (Dave Jones)
    o Update all watchdogs for magicclose and (Joel Becker)
    nowayout support
    o Add missing module license tag to i82092 (Geoffrey Lee)
    o Add docs/correct comment on sys_getpid (Robert Love)
    o Tighten isapnp compliance with spec (Jens Toerring)
    o Correct read/write length check in -ac (Andi Kleen)
    o MediaGX optimisations in pci quirks (Christer Weinigel)
    | Already handled by the ide code but now set up in
    | boxes without IDE
    o Further CPUFreq updates (Dominik Brodowski, Russell King,
    Hollis Blanchard, Xavier Bestel)
    o Make real time scheduling info available as in (Robert Love)
    2.5 trees
    o Add back cond_resched needed for jfs (me)
    o usbfs disconnect backport to 2.4 (Kevin Sissons)
    o Merge VM default flags changes (Bjorn Helgaas)
    | Merge with needed additional changes for accounting and for
    | PA RISC
    o Updated EHCI drivers for 2.4 (David Brownell)
    o SCSI error handling fixes (Russell King)
    - retrying a command with stale/invalidinfo
    - reporting wrong command on I/O error

    Linux 2.4.20-pre8-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.20-pre8
    - Drop assorted noise differences with Marcelo tree
    - Drop speakup
    |Its now very clear the user space solution is both
    |cleaner, and handles newer hardware like USB which
    |can't be handled other ways
    - Drop ls220 dvd driver work for now
    |Until someone picks it up and finishes it
    - Drop margi pcmcia driver
    |Until it gets a major cleanup
    - Drop 32 v 8 group cache in ext2/ext3
    | AKPM rightly IMHO claims this should be handled by
    | buffer cache usage times instead.
    - Fix typo in macintosh pmu fix (Arjan van de Ven)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre7-ac3
    o Clean up rlimit bits for generic_file_write (Solar Designer)
    * USBLCD update
    * USB header updates (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
    o USB serial fixes (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
    - Revert incorrect vlan.c change (Dave Miller)
    o Interrupt.h needs asm/system for smb_mb (Dominik Brodowski)
    o Fix signed/unsigned in usblp_write (Silvio Cesare)
    o Fix signed/unsigned in mdc800 (Silvio Cesare)
    o Fix 64 to 32bit chop in brlvger (Silvio Cesare)
    * Fix unterminated strchr in ieee1394 (Silvio Cesare)
    o Fix signed/unsigned in apm_emu (Silvio Cesare)
    * Put allocation sanity checks into ibm hotplug (Silvio Cesare)
    o Use unsigneds in the amdtp buffering (Silvio Cesare)
    o Fix typo in i810_audio (Juergen Sawinksi)
    o Fix the initdata in the PCI ide (Jens Axboe, me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre7-ac2
    o Fix mtd glitch (Art Haas)
    o Updated entries (Steven Cole)
    o Configurable core file naming (Jes Klinke)
    * PCI layer updates (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fixing missing hard_cur_sectors assignment (Andre Hedrick)
    on legacy ide disk path
    o Remove _p form I/O helpers (Andre Hedrick)
    o Remove all the ifdef stuff from ide-iops (me)
    | This means if you have a device needing delays (we don't
    | in our tree right now) you should register a new set of
    | delaying iops yourself. That keeps the crud in the afflicted
    | code not in the core. No functionality actually removed I believe
    o IDE taskfile diag breakages fix (Andre Hedrick)
    o CMD648 Ultra DMA mask setup (Andre Hedrick)
    o PDC202xx-old cleanuops - use dma_master address (Andre Hedrick)
    * Test tg3 fix (Dave Miller)
    * Add SETTIMEOUT to wafer5823 watchdog (Joel Becker)
    o Add Motorola TimePort to USB ACM idents (Andrew Meredith)
    * Fix get_user checks in sc520_wdt, shwdt,
    sc1200wdt, advantechwdt, alim7101, machzwdt,
    eurotechwdt, wdt_pci, w83877f_wdt watchdogs (Joel Becker)
    o Fix piix build I hope (me)
    o Give tmpfs directories a size to avoid (Hugh Dickins)
    confusing broken apps

    Linux 2.4.20-pre7-ac1
    - Merge 2.4.20pre6
    - Discard nasty list_t disease patch
    - Discard mac fb bug add
    - Merge 2.4.20pre7
    - Dropped ide-sibyte. The mips people need to move
    this and their ide.h changes to the new IDE layer.
    - e1356fb has missing kmalloc range checks - TODO
    - e1356fb has a user triggerable kernel memory leak - TODO
    * Fix quoting bug in unbz64wrap (me)
    | Note that csets-to-patches has a trivial /tmp/exploit too
    | Its not clear if you can trick the stuff into a rev that is
    | deliberately malformed, if so there are even more problems
    | I hope Linus unpack scripts are better written ;)
    o Fixed mips error in mtd (me)
    o Fix highpoint 374 bug (Jens Axboe)
    o Turned down natsemi threshold notice (me)
    o Alan's crazy cardbus with bridge hacks (me)
    | Unfinished experiment but it doesn't affect normal
    | cardbus (ie anything that worked before)
    | Very much a work in progress
    * Fix make xconfig (Adrian Bunk)
    o Define blk_queue_empty for 2.5 compat in IDE (Jens Axboe)
    o Kill reduce media failure retires config (Jens Axboe)
    o mad16 cleanups (Greg Alexander)
    o CPUfreq update (Dominik Brodowski)
    o updates (Steven Cole)
    o IRQ distribution code for PA Risc (Grant Grundler)
    o Radeonfb fix for cards reporting zero RAM (James Mayer)
    | Got lost somewhere, reapplied
    o Fix loop cleanup error (Yann Morin)
    o Don't let devfs files open until loop is set (me)
    o Fix a second loop cleanup bug (me)
    o Small i810 audio tweaks (Doug Ledford)
    X vlan hang on shutdown fix (Dave Miller)
    * Update to final version of matrox drm hang fix (Jonny Strom)
    o Fix it8172 misclaim of non IDE device (me)
    o Further generic IDE cleanup (me)
    o Lock IDE modules once loaded (me)
    * Voodoo1/2 frame buffer fixes and big endian (Helge Deller)
    o shmem_rename fixes (Hugh Dickins)
    o Other tmpfs cleanups (Hugh Dickins)
    o Memory accounting cleanup for mremap (Hugh Dickins)
    o Memory accounting fixes for anonymous shared (Hugh Dickins)
    o Memory accounting fixes for private read only
    mappings being mprotected to writable (Hugh Dickins)
    o Update documentation on memory overcommit (Hugh Dickins)
    * Fixes and updates for IBM PCI hotplug (Irene Zubarev)
    o Bring EHCI into line with 2.5 (Dave Brownell)
    * Update USBnet to 2.5 equivalent (Dave Brownell)
    | Adds Yopy, Epson support
    * Fix oops on use after disconnect with hpusb (Oliver Neukum)
    o Add SIS646 (645DX) PCI idents for AGP (Murray Root)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac6
    o Fix ide BUG() with cdrom stuff (Jens Axboe)
    o Inode kernel data leak fix (Ben LaHaise)
    * Fix spinlock workaround to keep sparc people (Dave Miller)
    * Transparent pci-pci bridge fixes (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Backport sched_yield O(1) fixes from 2.5 (Robert Love)
    o Comments for scheduler code (Ingo Molnar)
    o Implement 2.5 compatible task_cpu wrappers (Robert Love)
    o Backport minor scheduler fixes for O(1) from 2.5(Robert Love)
    o Add for new USB bits (Adrian Bunk)
    o OHCI takeover fix (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Add ALI1541 gameport support (Pascal Schmidt)
    o Make rs_read_proc static (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o cpufreq updates (Dominik Brodowski)
    o Radeonfb fixups for mobility P/M (H Peter Anvin)
    o synclink MP link fix (Andrian Bunk)
    o Fix mad16 gameport unload (Greg Alexander)
    o Indent cpqfc so I can actually read it (me)
    | No code changes

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac5
    o Fix ALi OOPS on RLX blades (Dan Eaton)
    o Finish up ide pci register code (me)
    o Switch IDE PCI drivers to use new register code (me)
    o Fix scribble over constant data in hpt34x (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac4
    o Fix error path bug in pci resource code (Keith)
    o Fix p4-clockmod compile error (Adrian Bunk)
    o Align packets nicely on kaweth USB ethernet (Oliver Neukum)
    o Further Changes file fix (Steven Cole)
    o TCP timestamp handling fix (Dave Miller)
    o Compile warning fixes (Niels Jensen)
    o Next batch of IDE header updates (Andre Hedrick)
    o IDE scsi update (Andre Hedrick)
    | Needs some highio cleanup yet
    o IDE DMA updates (Andre Hedrick)
    o Update the IDE PCI driver layer (Andre Hedrick)
    o Fix pdc202xx further braindamage (me)
    o Further icside fixes (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
    o Fix ide-lib atapi DMA check (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
    o CMD64x rev 5/7 UDMA check fix (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
    o Add blk_fs_request helper (Jens Axboe)
    o IDE highmem fixes (scsi needs doing (Jens Axboe)
    I suspect)
    o Longer PIO timeout for taskfile write (Andre Hedrick)
    o Fix promise cable detect (Andre Hedrick)
    o Split promise into old and new drivers (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac3
    * Fix procfs handling for zoran driver (Silvio Cesare)
    * ZR36067 doesn't support bitmask clipping so (Silvio Cesare)
    error such a request.
    o LBA48 on older promise IDE fix (Mike Isely)
    * Report jfs tools version in ver_linux (Steven Cole)
    * HP XP arrays can need largelun (Steve Mickeler)
    * Allow maestro3 gpio amp control setup by (Michael Olson)
    hand for odd machines (Panasonic CF-72)
    * Add autodetect to the CF-72 maestro3 funny (me)
    * Fix overlarge read in vicam usb (Silvio Cesare)
    * Length limit S/390 cio proc write files (Silvio Cesare)
    * Length limit S/390 chandev proc write files (Silvio Cesare)
    * Length limut S/390 dasd statistics write (Silvio Cesare)
    * Two fixes to 3270 driver for S/390 (Silvio Cesare, me)
    * Fix buffer limits in tubfs for S/390 (Silvio Cesare)
    | Really this code wants redoing to loop rather than do shorter
    | read/writes on full buffers. but thats not trivial
    * Use define values not magic constants on S/390 (Silvio Cesare)
    netiucv buffer checks
    * Correct a vmalloc corner case (Dave Miller)
    * Fix hisax oops with out of range card type (Alan Hourihane)
    * Update Documentation/Changes for reiserfs (Neils Jensen)
    * Fix incorrect type in i2c-core (Silvio Cesare)
    * Fix length limits in i2c-dev (Silvio Cesare)
    * Fix incorrect type in amdtp (Silvio Cesare)
    o Update Buslogic maintiners entry 8(
    o Don't register a gameport at I/O zero if none (me)
    is configured on es1370, es1371,
    * Handle unprintable ac97 codec names (STAC) (me)
    * Restructure pcigame and trident audio not to (me)
    fall over each other

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac2
    o BeFS updates (Will Dyson)
    o Fix prototype mismatch in tc/tc.c (Silvio Cesare)
    o SunRPC oops fix (Chuck Lever)
    o Fix SunRPC TCP handling for write_space (Chuck Lever)
    o Update ver_linux reporting further (Steven Cole)
    o Cpufreq updates (Dominik Brodowski)
    o Update pegasus.h license header (Petko Manolov)
    * USB lcd driver (Adams IT)
    o Update bluetooth drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartmann,
    Masoodur Rahman)
    o USB serial update (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
    o Workaround for some usb keyboards (Itai Nahshon)
    o Minolta DImage4 entry for unusual_devices (Petr Konecny)
    o OHCI completion of unlinked urbs fix (David Brownell)
    * Tighten AC97 modem detect rules (me)
    * Report AC97 codecs by their PNP ID (me)
    o Further sis memory checks (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o Add new opcodes to the hdreg.h IDE table (Andre Hedrick)
    o Update cris and x86_64 ide.h files (Andre Hedrick)
    o Fix includes in freecom.c (Andre Hedrick)
    o Winbond IDE requires PCI (Andre Hedrick)
    o icside cleanup (Andre Hedrick)
    o Report ide unregister failures (Andre Hedrick)
    o Clean up legacy hd driver to use outb (Andre Hedrick)
    o Ditto for ide-cs (Andre Hedrick)
    o ns87415 needed to call its own ide_dma_end (Andre Hedrick)
    o Make via_base unsigned long not uint (Andre Hedrick)
    o Update ide-ppc (probably broken until some (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
    other changes go in) Andre Hedrick)
    o Fix bugs in the ide-cd -> ide-scsi pass over (Andre Hedrick)
    o Kill GET_ERR macro in ide-disk (Andre Hedrick)
    o IDE dma hack fix for etrax - needs to be (Andre Hedrick)
    o Update as yet unused ide-lib code (Andre Hedrick)
    o Fix types in ide_probe reporting (Roman Zippel)
    o Add disable/enable irq probe handling (Roman Zippel)
    o Fix non PCI IDE build problems (me)
    o Merge Matrox G450 updates (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Re-enable DRM for GMX2000 (it doesnt work yet) (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac1
    Resync with 2.4.20pre5
    o Fix IDE compile (me)
    o Update defconfig (Niels Jensen)
    o Various warning fixes (Niels Jensen)
    * Remove epat debug printk that escaped (Moritz Barsnick)
    o Fix PPC build for pre4-ac (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    o Fix hang in Matrox DRM (Jonny Strom)
    o Backport 2.5 LDT allocation improvements (Manfred Spraul)
    * Lp tidy and printk levels (Lucas Correia Villa Real)
    o Update yenta region size patch (Manfred Spraul)
    * Fix an i2c bus leak on the acorn pcf8583 (Silvio Cesare)
    * Fix e100 phy build (Linus Torvalds)
    o Further i810 audio updates (Juergen Sawinski)
    * Tidy ver_linux output with gcc 3.x (Steven Cole)
    o ppp_generic fixes for building on boxes (Bjorn Helgaas)
    with out* as macros
    o pdc4030 updates (Peter Denison)
    * Forte sound driver updates (Martin Petersen)
    o Fix AMD7441 PCI ID error
    o Tighten asm-ia64 io macros (Andreas Schwab)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre4-ac2
    - Pull NFSD back in line with Marcelo
    o Fix IDE PCMCIA build error (me)
    o Fix check/request region race in IDE DMA (me)
    o Fix I/O handling of dma_base2 request fail (me)
    o More debugging around the simplex ide DMA (me)
    * Fix kmalloc error leak in fd1772 (Silvio Cesare)
    * Handle out of memory on acorn ps/2 (Silvio Cesare)
    * IEEE1394 integer overflow fix (Silvio Cesare)
    * Khttpd race fixes (Dan Kegel)
    * Backport kaweth fixes from 2.5 (Oliver Neukum)
    O Fix gcc 2.x build of brlvger (Eyal Lebedinsky)
    * Error handling clean ups for USB storage (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Fix loops_per_jiffy mod calculation overflow (Yoann Vandoorselaere)
    * PCI hotplug oops fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o APM do idle now doesnt keep warning on error (Ben LaHaise)
    o Reinitialize AGP on i845 after a suspend (Charl Botha)
    o Don't rserve port 0x45 on sbc60xxwdt (Anders Pedersen)
    o Export elevator_init so modules can switch (Arnd Bergmann)
    to no-op elevators
    o Fix gmac link status reporting (Roberto Gordo Saez)
    o Radeonfb update (Peter Horton,
    Erik Andersen)
    + Fix resource leak on error in sisfb (me)
    + Fix sisfb to fail the load if no card is (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre4-ac1
    - Resync with Marcelo
    - JFS files from Marcelo tree taken to be definitive
    o Remove undefined signed overflow in readv/writev(me)
    * Fixed the pci resource mess. Turns out the bug
    was in the 2.4 core PCI code not IDE (me)
    o Fix 3D hangs with screensaver and forking (Tim Smith)
    * Add an apparently buggy Intel APM to DMI table (me)
    * Fix non compile of kernel in French (Keith Owens)
    * Typo fixes (James Mayer)
    o Quieten harmless invalidate_bdev warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    + Forte sound driver for OSS (Martin Petersen)
    | Based Jaroslav's ALSA driver
    + Remove some bogus printks, fix an error (me)
    handler, correct non blocking open
    | spin_lock/copy needs fixing still
    * Fix wrong struct in range check in ixj.c (Silvio Cesare)
    * Use loff_t types in zorro/proc.c (Silvio Cesare)
    o Abort IDE cd reads immediately on medium (Erik Andersen)
    error as that isnt correctable
    * USB typo fixes (James)
    * UHCI FSBR and bitop fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix OHCI on slow machines (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Update to latest rtl8150 driver (Petko Manolov)
    * Update Microtek scanner driver (Oliver Neukum
    * EHCI fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * __FUNCTION__ cleanups for USB (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Update to latest pegasus driver (Petko Manolov)
    * Update to latest OV511 (Mark McClelland)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac6
    o Next collection of code cleanups (Andre Hedrick)
    - Clean up the rest of the ratefilters
    (no functional change)
    - Clean ups for the attach logic
    o Removed 'have you read the release notes' check (me)
    o Kill AUTODMA ifdefs in the drivers (me)
    o Rework OSB4 bug handling - we now keep disk
    devices out of UDMA mode. Fix the sanity check
    so we don't blow up with CD-ROM media errors
    o Kill remaining if(dmabase) checks in init_dma (me)
    | init_dma isnt called with !dmabase...
    o Create ide-lib for some common stuff (me, Andre Hedrick,
    Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix the ide-proc crash on boot (me)
    | May also fix the 'where did my proc file go' bits
    o Move q40 driver into legacy not pci (me)
    o Remove do-nothing casts from slc90e66 (me)
    o Make all the pci driver functions static (me)
    o Add printk levels to trm290 driver (me)
    o Restore irq state at the end of the ali chipset (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Ripple errors back further. An unsupported (me)
    hpt374 will now print errors and skip the
    * Fix crash mounting EFS from a CD-ROM (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac5
    * Fix sparc64 pcibios to match the new behaviour
    o Comment, add FIXME notes to the via ide driver (me)
    o Add a FIXME note that we need to update PIIX
    to handle /proc for dual controller
    o Bump versions on ide stuff we have changed (me)
    o Add VIA vt8235 IDE support (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Delete xp_fixup - the new enable_device_bars (me)
    resolves this properly.
    o Add BUG() checks to verify dmabase check (me)
    is unneeded before removal
    o Further splitting of the setup_pci_device code (me)
    | Again no functionality changes
    o Make cs5530 use pci_set_mwi/pci_set_master (me)
    (also clean up add docs)
    o Move all the actual IDE drivers into (me)
    subdirectories so we can see what is what
    o Clean up ide-pnp a little (me)
    o Further i810_audio updates for 845 (Juergen Sawinski)
    o USB quirks for konica/mintola digital cams (Jan Willamowius)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac4
    o Clean up ALi rate selection code (me)
    o Clean up PIIX rate selection code (me)
    o Don't frob bit 1 on later ALi chips (me)
    | Should fix Fujitsu hang
    o Remove dead PIIX DMA setup function (me)
    o Make new ide code using pci_set_master (me)
    o Chop up some of the big chunks of setup-pci.c (me)
    into smaller functions
    o When pulling an unconfigured IDE controller (me)
    native try assigning missing resources
    o Fix wrong case in ide_get_or_set_dma_base (me)
    (dma_base is ulong not u32)
    o Disable winxp fix (it shouldnt be needed now) (me)
    * Blacklist a Dell with APM bugs (Peter Bowen)
    o Fix SMP ps2esdi build (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix gcc2.95 build of st5481 driver (me)
    o Handle wrap cases in pcilynx (Silvio Cesare, me)
    o Fix efi/raid problem (Matt Domsch)
    o Fix hd.c build (me)
    o Fix a wrong type in bttv-driver (Silvio Cesare, me)
    o Updated scsi-debug driver (Douglas Gilbert)
    o Fix a khttpd null dereference (Dan Kegel)
    * Fix isdn/gcc 2.95 build fail (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Don't synchronize the tsc in "badtsc" mode (me)
    | Fixes oops noted by John Stultz
    o Initial work on reverse engineering the IBM (me)
    thinkpad docking bridge
    o Return EEXIST on pci hotplug duplicate name (me)
    o Fix IDE code reporting wrong I/O setup in (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac3
    o IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)
    o Merge -ac fixes for ALi and PCI bars (me)
    o Add docs to PIIX and ALi (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac2
    o Updates to device mapper (Joe Thornber)
    o Fix mempool corruption bug (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Correct pci_alloc_consistent with 64bit mask (Steffen Persvold)
    * Elevator accounting improvements (Jens Axboe)
    * Clean up vt.c ioperm ifdef even more (Milton Miller)
    o Fix PAGE_BUG usage problem (Eyal Lebedinsky)
    * Tweak isdn to try and fix gcc 2.95 compile (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Make parameter variables on synclink* static (me)
    o Add documentation to jbd layer (Roger Gammans)
    - NFSD link fix (Greg Louis)
    * Fix NFS oops on 64bit big endian (Dave Miller)
    * Add another vaio to the dmi blacklist (Marc Boucher)
    * Fix devfs enabled build (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix resource assignment for cardbus behind (H J Lu)
    pci transparent bridges
    o Fix makefile for speakup a bit (O Sezer)
    * Update ftd_sio driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Update usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix error handling on ipaq usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Update pl2303 usb serial (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix usb serial warnings in gcc3 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix gcc3 warnings in ir-usb (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix DMA off stack in USB storage (Roland Dreier)
    * Add SDDR-55 USB storage driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Fix gcc3 warnings and other bugs in usb btooth (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * HP usb scanner driver (Oliver Neukum, John Fremlin,
    Matthew Dharm)
    * Update usb scanner driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre2-ac1
    - Merge 2.4.20-pre2
    - drop change to apic error logging level
    - drop bogus sign cast in spin_is_locked
    o Merge LVM2 device mapper (Joe Thornber)
    * Clean up locking a little in ps2esdi (me)
    | This driver needs much love and attention
    * Similar for xd.c (same comments too) (me)
    * Allocate xd bounce buffer early (can deadlock (me)
    during an I/O)
    * Fix partition table breakage (me)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac3
    o Report "unknown errror" not "on fire" for usblp (Pete de Zwart)
    * Teach ac97_codec.c about 3rd/4th codecs (Juergen Sawinksi)
    o Add MMIO support for i845 audio (Juergen Sawinksi)
    o Tidy up error paths on i810_audio init (me)
    * Use cpu_has_tsc macro in joystick/random too (John Stultz)
    * Oliver Neukum becomes new HFS maintainer (Oliver Neukum)
    | Treat him gently HFS is non trivial to fix
    * Merge synclink-mp driver (Paul Fulghum)
    * Fix wavelan dev->trans_start handling (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Switch to newer wavelan_cs update (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Merge e100/e1000 docs (Jeff Garzik)
    * Remove wrong use of set_bit in dl2k driver (Matthew Wilcox)
    * Add another tulip PCI ident (Antoine,
    Aaron Baranoff, Owen Taylor)
    * Update 8139too PCI identifiers (Wilson Chen)
    * Add another pl2303 identifier (Lutz Rothhardt)
    * Remove confusing usb typedefs (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Add ti edge port USB driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Cypress sl811 USB controller driver
    * Driver for Aiptek 8000U USB (Chris Atenasio)
    * ti silverlink cable driver (Romain Liévin, Julien Blache)
    * USB midi driver (NAGANO Daisuke)
    * Fix up hci_usb for USB changes (me)
    * Fix ub st5481_usb for USB changes (me)
    * Fix sis DRM warnings (me)
    * Fix bad ifdef in lvm-snap (me)
    * Fix irda-usb compile error from USB changes (me)
    * DECnet refcounting fix (Steve Whitehouse)
    * Export 8253 lock for ftape etc (me)
    * Fix undefined C in the dpt_i2o (me)
    * Fix oops case in i810-tco (me)
    o Config help updates (Steven Cole)
    o Merge 2.5 mempool support (needed for LVM2) (Ingo Molnar)
    o Add vcalloc, including overflow checking (Joe Thornber)
    o Add mempool slab helpers (Joe Thornber)
    o Make bh->b_inode a flag in b_state (Andrew Morton)
    o Use a seperate b_journal_head instead of (Andrew Morton)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac2
    - Fix compile failure for uniprocessor APM (me)
    o Fix a compile warning and save 8K in do_mounts (Niels Jensen)
    o Update x86 defconfig (Niels Jensen)
    * Remove dead bits in dpt_i2o (Eric Sandeen)
    * cleanup (Steven Cole)
    * EExpress can use I/O 0x240 on some cards (Pavel Janik)
    * Update epic100 driver (Jeff Garzik)
    - Fix compile of old hd.c (me)
    o Add "badtsc" option based on John Stultz (John Stultz, me)
    o Rewrote the code a bit to allow automatic (me)
    detection of notsc on Summit
    | When and if IBM document the other timers on the
    | Summit this will also make it easy to plug it in
    | (We can now handle detecting mixed multiplier PII
    | as well if someone wants to add the code)
    o Clean up timer stuff further based on comments (me)
    by John Stultz.
    * Handle console_unblank failure from IRQ path (Arnd Bergmann)
    o Rewrite NSC USB controller changes from parisc (me)
    port into a general OHCI quirk
    o First set of i810 audio updates (Doug Ledford)
    * AF_UNIX abstract addresses fix (Alexey Kuznetsov)
    * Further mpt fusion updates (Pam Delaney)
    o Rev 0xC4 of ALi apparently isnt LBA48 (me)
    o Add license tag to AF_UNIX (Christian Kurz)
    * USB scanner endian fixes (Frank Zago)
    o Update 2.4 to the 2.5 LDM driver (Richard Russon)
    * Update 8193cp driver for 64bit DMA, checksum (Jeff Garzik)
    * Update 8139too driver (Jeff Garzik)
    * Natsemi updates (Tim Hockin)
    * Remove unneeded net includes (Brad Hards)
    * Spelling fixes in drivers/net
    * Fix use after kfree in au1000 ethernet (Marcus Alanen)
    * Mark roadrunner driver as experimental (Greg Banks)
    * Mark the FMV driver obsolete (Greg Banks)
    * Tidy rcpci45 (Eric Sandeen)
    * Fix ppp compile warning (Eric Sandeen)
    * Move 3c509 license tag outside of ifdefs (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix ALi irda warning (Eric Sandeen)
    * Fix flags types in a few drivers (Celso González)
    * E100 needs bitops.h (Dave Miller)
    - Remove a debug line in the Makefiles (Alex Riesen)
    * Back port 2.5 file lease code and race fixes (Stephen Rothwell)
    o PnPBIOS ESCD reader fixes (Thomas Hood)

    Linux 2.4.20-pre1-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.20pre1
    - Drop broken isicom change
    - Fix formatting errors in x86_64 char/
    - Fix formatting errors in x86_64 isdn/
    - Fix formatting errors in x86_64 radio card
    - Fix formatting errors in x86_64 drivers/net/
    - Drop broken atarilance change
    - Fix wrong ioctl return in e100_ethtool_test, e100_ethtool_gstrings
    - Fix security hole in e100 ioctl handler
    - Fix identical hole in e1000 ioctl handler
    - Remove mess where x86_64 sticks its arse in all sorts of
    config files and makes a mess of it. Other ports don't because
    the result sucks, x86_64 shouldnt either
    - Drop utterly bogus change to drivers/sound/
    - Revert uncompilable tg3 driver
    * Fix up the eepro100 mess from 20pre1 (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Switch to Namesys __FUNCTION__ reiserfs fixes (Oleg Drokin)
    * Fix eepro formatting on register
    o Fix radeon build on PPC (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    o PPC scheduler, bitups, rwsem bits (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    * Rework JFS indoe locking (David Kleikamp)
    * Dynamically allocate JFS metapages (David Kleikamp)
    * JFS rmdir/unlink d_delete removal (David Kleikamp)
    * Add resize support to JFS (David Kleikamp)
    * Rmemove unused code in aacraid (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Export the new pci_enable function to modules (Tomas Szepe)
    o Handle APM on armada laptops (Samuel Thibault)
    * Fix further errors in depca
    * Fix a harmless physical/logical cpu confusion (me)
    in the APM code
    - Fix migration to CPU 0 before poweroff (me)
    o Make the APM on CPU 0 locking cover all of APM (me)
    | idle on SMP needs work, but this seems to work for the rest
    | with my SMP boxes

    Linux 2.4.19-ac4
    * Fix pci_enable_device bug I added in ac3 (Jeremy Fitzhardinge)
    o Don't program the ALi ISA bits when using a (Go Taniguchi,
    Non ALi Northbridge Bruce Howards, me)
    * E1000 Gigabit ethernet driver
    o Fix build for I/O debug MULTIQUAD I hope (me)
    | Found by Willy Tarreau
    * Bluetooth core update/hot plug support (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * L2CAP lock fixes, datagram and shutdown (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * Fix locking in SCO bluetooth layer (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * Update hci_usb driver, fix refcounting (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * Add BNEP support to bluetooth (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * Fix iee1394 build failure (me)
    + Fix BUZ_G_STATUS in zr36067 (me)
    * Fix warning in fdomain.c (me)
    * Fix warning in pas16 driver (me)
    * Fix warning in bin2hex.c (me)
    * Fix warning in xirc2ps_cs (me)

    Linux 2.4.19-ac3
    o Rethink number one on the IDE stuff (me)
    We go back to the old pci setup, and
    add the ability to enable devices with
    some BAR's left unassigned

    Linux 2.4.19-ac2
    o Disable LBA48 on ALi IDE (Andre Hedrick,
    revisions below 0xC4 Daniela Engert)
    X Fix __FUNCTION__ warnings in reiserfs (me)
    * Fix __FUNCTION__ in rest of irda drivers (me)
    o/* Fix __FUNCTION__ in some more net/irda bits (me)
    * Add sem_getcount abstraction from parisc tree
    o Merge some of the minor pcnet32 changes from
    the parisc tree
    X Fix __FUNCTION__ in the ldm partition code (me)
    o Fix __FUNCTION__ in cycx_wan driver (me)
    X Add full IDE reassignment based on description (me)
    from Petr Vandrovec
    o Update defconfig for the -ac tree (Niels Jensen)
    * Fix AGP warnings (Niels Jensen)
    o Make rwlock_t not waste space on gcc 2.95/2.96 (Niels Jensen)

    Linux 2.4.19-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19
    * Add identifiers for the 3Com AirConnect PCI (Ingo Rohifs)
    * Fix typo in sym2 comments (Grant Grundler)
    * Fix cyclades resource bug (Florian Lohoff)
    * Fix address reporting on segv and friends for (Aneesh Kumar)
    o Merge APM fixes for crashes on ASUS board (Willy Tarreau)
    * Add module tags to toshiba smm driver (Jonathan Buzzard)
    * Fix extern for init_rootfs (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Make vmalloc.h include highmem.h to fix (Keith Owens)
    build errors on some setups
    * More __FUNCTION__ clean up for gcc 3.1 (me)

    Linux 2.4.19rc5-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19rc5
    o Flush the right thing in ramdisk (HP merge)
    * Merge further small hppa bits (HP merge)
    o Fix ide option breakage (Mikael Petterson)
    * Fix a JFFS2 oops case (David Woodhouse)
    + Switch 'processor id' to 'physical id' (me)
    | Keeps glibc happy until we sort out cpu numbers longer term
    o Fix incorrect marking of phys_proc_id init (David Luyer)
    o Update the experimental amd76x_pm code (Johnathan Hicks)
    * EEPro10 update (Aristeu Sergio Rozanski Filho)
    * Fix missing prototype (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Make mount hash size more sensible (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Make i386 semaphore implementation gcc3 safe (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove dead code in alim15x3 IDE code (me)
    o Make the i8x0 audio power up more conservative (me)
    o Enable EAPD on i8x0 audio devices (me)
    | Hopefully this will fix some of the 'silent laptop' problems
    * Fix misordering in drivers/net/Config (Willy Tarreau)
    * Fix undefined C usage in ixj (me)
    * Fix undefined C usage in se401 (me)
    * Kill __FUNCTION__ in some usb drivers (me)

    Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac5
    o Fix the SMP compile problem (me)
    | Better solutions preferred - suggestions anyone ?
    o/* Exterminate more of the __FUNCTION__ warnings (me)
    * Fix warning in stallion and real loading bug (me)
    * Fix various random gcc 3.1 warnings (me)
    * Hopefully fix the DRM compile for gcc 2.95 (me)
    * Tighten multiple length checks in intermezzo (Silvio Cesare, me)
    * Fix upper limit on stradis cliprects (Silvio Cesare, me)
    * Fix proc_file_lseek (me)
    * Fix drivers/s390/dasd write limit (Silvio Cesare, me)
    * Fix ewrk3 and natsemi driver lengthchecks (Silvio Cesare, me)
    * Openprom fixes (Dave Miller)
    * Network procfs fixes (Dave Miller)
    * Fix a couple of license tags (Carl-Daniel Hailfinger)
    * Don't pad empty initializers with gcc 2.95+ (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Make better use of dentry inline space (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix ffs asm for gcc 3.x (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Remove last gcc3 warnings on ext3 (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Warn when mounting ext3 as ext2 (Andrew Morton)
    * Make umem useadd_gendisk (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix cpqarray I/O accountinmg (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix for TCSBRK standards compliance
    | LSB patch with further bugs fixed
    * Fix lots more __FUNCTION__ stuff (me)
    * Fix warnings in hamradio drivers with gcc3 (me)

    Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac4
    * Support "help" button Vaio PCG-NV105 (Frank Schusdziarra)
    * Clear AC on int in vm86 emulation (Stas Sergeev)
    * Clean up stack handling macros in vm86 (Stas Sergeev)
    * Handle multiple prefixes on vm86 traps (Stas Sergeev)
    * Use FIXMAP for f00f fixups (Andrea Arcangeli,
    Christoph Hellwig)
    o Cacheline align tlb state (Andrea Arcangeli)
    * cmpxchg8 needs lock prefix (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Make O1 scheduler hyperthreading aware (Intel)
    | Plus some cleanup, performance fix
    o make xconfig fix up (Pete Zaitcev)
    + Fix a misidentification of Tualatin (Dave Jones)
    o Update SiS IDE driver for ATA133 (Lui-Chen Chang,
    Lionel Bouton)
    o Update procfs for inode sysctl changes (James Antill)
    o Final fixups for summit support (James Cleverdon)
    * Fix missing sign check in se401 driver (Silvio Cesare)
    * Fix missing wrap check in usbvideo (Silvio Cesare)
    o Fix netsyms includes (Martin Uecker)
    o Penguin logo frame buffer fix (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    * sym53c8xx_2 fixes for bugs tickled on hppa (Grant Grundler)
    o Remove vm_unacct_vma (Hugh Dickins)
    o Handle do_mmap_pgoff mask properly (Hugh Dickins)
    o Update to rmap-13b (Rik van Riel,
    Arjan van de Ven, Hugh Dickins)
    * Fix trident audio suspend/resume crash (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
    o Give panic info in morse code on graphic oops (Andrew Rodland)
    * Add a new kaweth usb ident (Harm Verhagen)
    o Fix warnings from init_task.c (Alex Riesen)
    o IRQ balancing fix backport from 2.5 (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Clean up LDM support (Richard Russon)
    * Fix lib/rbtree mismerge (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Endian fixes for 8390 drivers (from HPPA merge)
    X Support tulip on the parisc platform (from HPPA merge)
    * Update parport_gsc (Helge Deller)
    o Merge fault handling changes for upward (from HPPA merge)
    growing stacks
    o Fix undefined C in speakup (me)
    * Fix umem undefined C (me)
    * Fix a few other warnings (me)
    * Lots of gcc 3.1 __FUNCTION__ warning fixes (me)

    Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac3
    o Hopefully fix the smp boot/apic problem (James Cleverdon)
    o Tidy various VM bits up (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Further quota updates (Jan Kara, Al Viro, Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix incorrect tristate in (Keith Owens)
    o amd76x_pm compile fix (Erik Andersen)

    Linux 2.4.19rc3-ac2
    o Fix escaped iconfig makefile line (Greg Louis)
    * Fix a dcache locking error (Al Viro)
    o AMD native powermanagement (Tony Lindgren,
    Johnathan Hicks)
    | Replaces amd768_pm as its already far better
    - Remove dead tq_bdflush (Christoph Hellwig)
    - Remove dead pg_nosave bits (Christoph Hellwig)
    - Remove dead 8253x build script (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Clean up speakup Makefile (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix typo in drivers/net/ (Hans-Joachim Baader)
    o Update to new quota code with dual format (Jan Kara)
    o Add the XFS framework for quota into it (Nathan Scott)
    * Fix unaligned access on ewrk3 (Martin Brulisauer)
    o Fix config breakage from mips merge (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Recognize GPLv2 as a valid license (Keith Owens)
    * Update ACPI hotplug driver (Takayoshi KOCHI)
    | And fix posted shortly after
    o Remove ksyms.c debugging junk (Khromy)
    o Remove limits.h use in speakup (Adrian Bunk)
    o NFS lock daemon fixes (Olaf Kirch)
    | Sign errors, Openserver interoperability
    * Further trident sound cleanup and fixes (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
    X Change tcp_diag.h fix to keep DaveM happy (me)
    o Add via apic to expected apic versions (me)
    o Next batch of summit tweaks (James Cleverdon)
    | Won't fix the existing APIC problem
    o Add Vaio C1MV mode lines to radeonfb (James Mayer)
    * Fix sloppy sign handling in apm and rio500 (Silvio Cesare)
    * Reformat depca.c ready for some bugfixes (me)

    Linux 2.4.19rc3-a1
    - Merge with 2.4.19rc3

    Linux 2.4.19rc2-ac2
    o Fix ide probe crash stupid bug in ac1 (me)
    | I mismerged Kurt's change

    Linux 2.4.19rc2-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19-rc2
    * Minor HP merge fixup
    * Orinoco build fix (Adrian Bunk)
    o Vaio C1VE/N frame buffer console mode (Marcel Wijlaars)
    * Fix an inverted test in sym53c8xx_2 (Grant Grundler)
    * Fix aic7xxx build without PCI enabled (me)
    * Clear allocated gendisk in IDE (Kurt Garloff)

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac7
    * Merge more HPPA bits
    X tcp_diag alignment fixup (Richard Henderson)
    | Pending DaveM making a nicer fix Im sure
    o Hopefully fix the SMP APIC problems rc6 (James Cleverdon)
    gave some people
    * Fix incorrect __init in PCI core (Takayoshi KOCHI)
    | Caused hotplug bugs
    * Update IBM PCI hotplug driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Add SCSI blacklist entries for Centristor (Robert Sertic)
    o Update Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt (Steven Cole)
    * Fix kdev_val macro (Steven Cole)
    * Allow a user to force dma 0 to be allowed (Gerald Teschl)
    for ISAPnP [be nice to autodetect this ?]
    o Hopefully fix bogus config question bug (me)
    * Fix hang on some boxes if you unload
    maestro audio then hit the volume buttons (Samuel Thibault)
    * Fix aha152x scsi (Juergen Fischer)
    * Bluetooth pcmcia drivers (Marcel Holtmann)

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac6
    o Update merge using bits from newer summit diff (James Cleverdon)
    o Fix problems with non SMP but io-apic build (me)
    * Socket error path memory leak fix (Robert Love)
    o Fix sd_varyio masks for higher drives (Kurt Garloff)
    o Fix tmpfs double kunmap (Hugh Dickins)
    * VIA rhine cleanup/fixes (Roger Luethi)
    * Fix typos in ncr/seagate scsi (James Mayer)
    * MPT fusion update (Pam Delaney)
    * Trident audio code cleanups and lock fixes (Muli Ben-Yehuda)
    o Fix irq balancing for summit boxes with Ingo's (James Cleverdon)
    PIV balancer

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac5
    o Add additional promise chip names provided by (me)
    Hank Yang
    o Fix promise 20277 misreporting (me)
    o Remove extra argument from vm_enough_memory (me)
    | Suggested by Hugh Dickins
    */+ Initial merge of main chunk of parisc-55 tree
    - fix scheduling of disabled kbd tasklet

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac4
    o Tweak pnpbios permissions on escd file (me)
    | We only want root able to see it
    o Merge first bits of Summit stuff (me)
    | Working from ugly ibm patch for 2.4.9
    o Fix casting warnings in i830 DRM (me)
    * Fix atp870u warning (me)
    * Fix APM hang on resume with SMP kernel on up (me)
    o Change added proc/cpuinfo entries to fit format(me)
    o Fix PIV clockmod (Peter Osterlund)
    o Re-order scsi disk structure to save space (Kurt Garloff)
    o Fix CPU_FREQ build problem (Peter Osterlund)
    o Clean up speakup_acntpc (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Clean up speakup_acntsa (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Clean up speakup_apolo (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Basic speakup core cleanups (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    * Fix a mishandling of PCIBIOS boxes that do not (Mark Lisher)
    use CONF1/CONF2
    * Fix promise skip for new supertrak (Jan Schmidt)
    o Allocate nocache ram based on mem size for (Tomas Szepe)
    * Fix incorrect zlib includes (David Woodhouse)
    * Fix duplicated scsi host idents (Itai Nahshon)
    * Update ALi5451 audio (Lei Hu)
    | Sorry this took so long - it got lost
    o Handle radeon cards that report zero RAM (James Mayer)
    * Blacklist H.01.09 megaraid firmware (Jan Koop)
    * Initial ALi5455 audio support (Lei Hu)

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac3
    * Remove SWSUSPEND
    | With the IDE backport option and other general 2.5 improvements
    | its now best worked on in 2.5
    * Remove duplicate config options (Steven Cole)
    * Newer SX6000 has PDC20276 chips. Handle this (me)
    o Don't use LBA48 hack on Promise 20262/3 (Hank Yang)
    * Switch to Promise namings for chips (Hank Yang)
    * Update promise drive quirks (Hank Yang)
    * Fix missing sem up on error in usb printer (Oliver Neukum)
    * Correct FPU stack fault signal flag bits (Dave Richards)
    * Resync with base JFS tree (Dave Kleikamp)
    * Make it clear CMD64x drives CMD680 (Adrian Bunk)

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac2
    * Update eata and u14/34f drivers (Dario Ballabio)
    o Handle 3c556 transmitter enable bit (Andrew Morton)
    * Make the DRM layer use the pci mapping api (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Set pci dma masks on the i2o devices (Frank Davis)
    * JFFS2 bug fixes (Dave Woodhouse)
    * Fix i815 APSIZE masking (Nicolas Aspert)
    * Remove junk pcxxdelay function (Sergey Kononenko)
    * EFI partition updates (Matt Domsch)
    - I took out the MSDOS check - if both are
    present we should favour MSDOS for now
    * Fix ipc/shm locking (Hugh Dickins)
    * Update (Steven Cole)
    * USB updates - cleanups (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * USB fix for intuos tablet (Christer Nilsson)
    * USB scanner updates (David Nelson, Henning Meier-Geinitz,
    Sergey Vlasov, Karl Heinz Kremer)
    | Note - new maintainer for USB scanner - Brian Beattie
    o Re-merge the ramfs limits code (David Gibson)
    | * This needs good testing
    | + TODO - make ramfs homour vm_accounting
    * eepro100 warning fix (Pavel Machek)
    * Report ok for nfs directory fsync (Trond Myklebust)
    * Promise 20268 raid should be called 20270 (Hank Yang)
    | Trivial item pulled out of the pending promise patches
    o Speakup HZ != 100 cleanup part 1 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Report HT info in /proc/cpuinfo (Arjan van de Ven)
    o PIV IRQ balancing fix (Ingo Molnar)
    o Allow a non PGE PII optimised build (Arjan van de Ven)
    X Elevator performance fixes (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Update cpufreq, add PIV throttling (Robert Schwebel,
    Padraig Brady, Zwane Mwaikambo, Arjan van de Ven,
    Tora Engstad)
    o O(1) scheduler updates (Ingo Molnar)
    * Fix 64bit random panic with
    "I refuse to corrupt memory/swap" (Bill Nottingham)
    * Fix compile with floppy disabled (Adrian Bunk)
    * Quirk handler for Dunord I-3000 (Dave Close, David Mosberger)
    | Plus I added real PCI idents for neatness
    o Fix another vm accounting corner case (Robert Love)
    * Patch up XFree 4.1 back compat problems (Arjan van de Ven)
    in DRM 4.2+

    Linux 2.4.19rc1-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19-rc1
    - Drop out mm fixes
    * Shmem fixes for -ac (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix vm accounting corner cases (Hugh Dickins)
    * Fix utimes permission check error (Stephen Rothwell)
    | It was overstrong
    * Fix JFS error handling down_write_trylock (David Kleikamp)
    o Module loader off by 1 fix (Peter Oberparleiter)
    o Allow irda modem bits to be arch set (Grant Grundler)
    * ALI M1671 GART support (Arjan van de Ven)
    o IDE scsi off by one transformation fix (Mark Lord)
    * Printk fixes
    o USBserial semaphore fix (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Alpha updates for O(1) scheduler (Robert Love)

    Linux 2.4.19pre10-ac2
    o Merge speakup support for blind users
    o CSB6 cable detect for Dell (Matt Domsch)
    o Update pci ids for Intel i8xx (Wim Van Sebroeck)
    * Add AMD766 PCI irq router support (Wayne Whitney)
    * ACARD scsi update (Matthew Chang)
    * Fix idle-period bug in APM parser (Laurent Latil)
    * Printk levels for 3c501 ethernet (Felipe Damasio)
    * AMD768 TCO watchdog driver - * needs testing * (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix IDE port offset for pdc202xx (Hang Yang)
    | should fix LBA48 drives on primary channel
    o Fix incorrect speedstep multiplier detect (Dominik Brodowski)
    * Add support for Aptiva with Bose subwoofer (Toshio Spoor,
    John Rood)
    * Autodetect SiS 745 AGP (Carsten Rietzschel)
    * More scsi sparselun entries (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Fix possible crash on shutdown with AF_ROSE (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
    * Intel 845G IDE support (Andre Hedrick)
    * Further CPiA driver updates (Duncan Haldane)
    * Fix DAC960 diff that went astray (Juan Quintela)
    * Add HP arrays to the sparselun list (Andrew Patterson)

    Linux 2.4.19pre10-ac1
    - Merge with Linux 2.4.19-pre10

    Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac3
    o Cpufreq updates (Dominik Brodowski, Dave Jones0
    | Now includes some reverse engineered speedstep support
    * JFS updates (David Kleikamp, Christoph Hellwig)
    * CPiA updates/Intel microscope support (Duncan Haldane)
    * Fix vm86 locking errors on SMP (Ben LaHaise)
    * Remove dead vm86mode field (Ben LaHaise)
    * Fix make clean for cl2llc (Keith Owens)
    o Fix loop errors with highmem (Ben LaHaise)
    * Fix ipc/sem.c SuS/LSB compliance (Christopher Yeoh)
    X Update swsuspend maintainer info (Pavel Machek)
    * Add another drive quirk for the promise (Hank Yang)
    * Merge external journal support for jfs (David Kleikamp)
    o Add documentation about O(1) scheduler (Robert Love)
    o O(1) scheduler tidy ups (Robert Love)
    o/+ Fix remaining extern inline users (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Cache alignment cleanups for SMP apic timers (Ravikiran Thirumalai)
    * Ext3 file system updates (Stephen Tweedie)
    * Fix 'dump corrupts live fs bug' (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Add DAC960 devices to init table (Oliver Pitzeier)
    | Lilo doesn't care but grub does ..

    Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac2
    * Clean up after SIGURG properly (David Weinehall)
    | Needed to match the other SuS compliance fix for it
    * Fixed wrong elf section in neofb (Thomas Mirlacher,
    Andrey Panin)
    * Don't write to reserved bits on 815 gart (Nicolas Aspert)
    * Make fcntl locking POSIX 2001 compliant (Andries Brouwer)
    * Fix an mmap corner case (Raúl)
    * Merge 3c59x vlan support (Paul Komkoff)
    * Update URLS for LDP documentation (John Kacur)
    * Fix rmem setting for low memory (J A Magallon)
    * Reparent scsi error thread to init (J A Magallon)
    * Backport FPU init fixes (J A Magallon)
    * Fix AGPgart crash on I830M/I845G when using
    8Mb/8Mb split (Jeff Hartmann)
    * Fix phy masking on 8139too (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix link state reporting on generic phy code (Jeff Garzik)
    * Tulip phy handling fix (Jeff Garzik)
    * Update 8139too docs (Jeff Garzik)
    * cs89x0 update (Jeff Garzik)
    * VIA rhine fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    * Hamachi quick fixup for 2.4.19 (Keith Underwood)
    * Revert escaped procfs debug code (Todd Eigenschink)
    * Merge the 2.5 additions to ethtool (Jeff Garzik)
    * Update dl2k driver (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix kernel api docs to reflect fb changes (Juan Quintela)
    * Fix problems with pcnet32 workaround for x250 (Go Taniguchi)
    * De4x5 cleanups (Jeff Garzik)

    Linux 2.4.19pre9-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19pre9
    * Fix SuS violation on readv/writev (me)
    | I believe this one is correct, please double check

    Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac5
    * Fix various audio copy*user (Rusty Russell)
    o Update to rmap 13 (Rik van Riel, Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix joystick copy_user bugs (Robert Johnson)
    * Document the i2o_pci module (me)
    * Switch i2o_block back to direct pointers (me)
    to avoid promise firmware bugs
    * Remove cache error paths from i2o_block (me)
    | new code doesnt trip that bug
    * Reduce the i2o queue depth per device (me)
    | pending tuning - might need more yet
    * Set i2o default limit at 48K a write (me)
    | more firmware bug stuff
    * Clean up i2o cache strategy, add tuning ioctl (me)
    * Allow users to force dpt cards to use base i2o (me)
    | tested i2o_block on DPT with my cards
    * Remove duplicate ac97_codec inclusion (Keith Owens)
    X Tidy up patch for swsuspend (Pavel Machek)
    * Fix wrong __init in 3c509 (Kasper Dupont)
    o Fix mm/bootmem.c build on cris (Johan Adolfsson)
    * Remove config tools for 8253x from kernel tree (Keith Owens)
    * Rename files in aacraid ready for merge (me)
    of updates
    * Merge bridge specific changes in aac code (Deanna Bonds)
    * Merge most of the fixups/cleanups for aacraid (Deanna Bonds)
    * Set PCI masks for the 64 and 32bit aacraids (me)
    * Don't program up the ali secondary codec for (me)
    6 channel if you don't have one fitted
    * Block layer copy*user fixups (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    * Fix missing intermezzo include (Marc-Christian Petersen)
    o Slab cache for iobufs (Andrea Arcangeli, Chuck Lever,
    Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix intermezzo copy*user (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    * down_trylock (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix video compile for split module (Michal Jaegermann)
    and compiled in
    * Kill 3c59x debug bits (Andrew Morton)
    * Char fixes for copy*user (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    * Fix a few errors in the janitor copy* fixes (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac4
    o Fix warnings in pc_keyb.c (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix undefined C in rivafb (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix dnotify warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Remove unused nfs label (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix vm_validate_enough prototypes (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Fix wrong comment in agpgart (Nicolas Aspert)
    * JFFS2 fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Hopefully fix zisofs breakage (David Woodhouse)
    * Remove a defunct soc_probe call (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Update initrd documentation (Mark Post)
    - Fix SMP build (Robert Love)
    o Numa-Q apic timer update (Martin Bligh)

    Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac3
    o Kbuild fixes (Keith Owens)
    * Fix eepro100 bug/typo (Michael Rozhavsky)
    * Intel 845G GART support (Graeme Fisher)
    * Fix tasklet disable/kill in pppoatm (Luca Barbier)
    * Add another PCI ident to the acenic driver (Eric Smith)
    o Major IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)

    Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac2
    * Fix more compile problems (me)
    * Fix a possible hang on shutdown in 3270 tty (Martin Schwidefsky)
    * Make "make rpm" sane for non x86 (Cesar Cardoso)
    * Two new AC97 codec entries (Lei Hu)
    * Thread exit race fix (Dave McCracken)
    * Further sg buffer clearing fix (Douglas Gilbert)
    * Fix do_mounts printk (Al Viro)
    * Umembp fixups (Neil Brown)
    * Umembp shift bug fixup (me)
    o Kbuild fixes and improvements (Keith Owens)
    * Add a new tulip clone pci ident entry (Ohta Kyuma)
    * Fix url on via pci fixups (Erich Schubert)
    * koi8-ru handling fixes (Petr Vandrovec)
    * Clean up remaining code to use yield (Robert Love)
    o Clean up migration_init as per 2.5 (Erich Focht)
    o Clean up maximum real time priorities (Robert Love)
    * Kill unused variable in bpck6 (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix dnotify/process exit handling (Stephen Rothwell)
    * Add another vaio bios to the table (Yves Lafon)
    * Allow users to disable hyperthreading (Hugh Dickins)

    Linux 2.4.19pre8-ac1
    - Merge with Linux 2.4.19pre8
    - Fix some compile problems

    Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac4
    * Test AMD768 IRQ router support (me)
    * Fix ext2 build error
    * Improve i810 audio documentation (Johannes Feigl)
    * Ensure UTS data is in C locale (Martin Dalecki)
    * Add the Intel ICH4 to the i810 audio driver (Wang Jun)
    * Fix qlogicfc crash under load (Dave Miller)
    * Fix snprintf return values in some cases (Ben LaHaise)
    * Fix a bug that got into the iph5526 code when (Vineet Abraham)
    * Add more scanners that respond to all LUNs (Frank Zago)
    * Synclink PCMCIA wan driver (Paul Fulghum)
    * Fix sparc64/ppc64 bluetooth ioctl build (Martin Eriksson)
    * Change 5/6bit codec resolution detect for (Wan Tat Chee)
    * Fix v4l compile bug in one option case (Iain Stevenson)
    o Clean up powernow initcalls ("CaT")
    o Add PIO mode support for the Pacific Digital (Mark Lord)
    ADMA-100i card

    Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac3
    * Back merge some documentation fixes (Daniel Dickman)
    * Update sisfb driver (Thomas Winischhofer)
    o Remove sync wakeups now O(1) handles it (Robert Love)
    o Abstract away need_resched (Robert Love)
    o Fix scheduler deadlock during switch_mm (Dave Miller)
    on sparc etc
    o Optimise sched_yield (Robert Love)
    o Handle tasks becoming runnable during (Robert Love)
    o Clean up assumptions about MAX_RT_PRIO (Robert Love)
    o Backport of migration fixes/irq off (Robert Love
    fixes and migration_init William Irwin)
    o Cleanups from 2.5->2.4 O(1) backport (Robert Love)
    | The entire O(1) block above is a backport
    | of all the fixes from Ingo, Robert and others
    X Swsuspend fix crash on boot add cleanups (Pavel Machek)
    * Scsi generic buffer tidy up (Douglas Gilbert)
    * Correct kd.h definitions (Andrej Lajovic)
    X Fix missing include for swsuspend (Mauricio Zambrano)
    * typo fixes (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    * Identify PIV Xeon in mptable (James Bourne)
    o Fix "skip_ioapc_setup" compile problem (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Additional ext2/ext3 sanity checker (Andreas Dilger)
    * Handle very old misconfigured
    NCR53c810 on DECpc XL etc (Graham Cobb)
    * Core of support for jfs external log (Christoph Hellwig,
    Dave Kleikamp)
    * Clean up jfs_mknod a little (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Sync up 2.4/2.5 jfs changes (Christoph Hellwig)
    * PPC compile fixes (Paul Mackerras)
    * Next stage of vm86 fixing (Kasper Dupont)
    * Clean up drivers to use vmalloc_to_page (Hugh Dickins)
    * Fix missing release in opl3sa2 (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix flag type error in rtl8150 (Rusty Russell)
    * Fix various missing CONFIG_PCI checks (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac2
    * Limit default i2o_block to 64K writes (me)
    | Several controllers can't handle larger single requests
    * Add power management control to i2o_block (me)
    X Use chained sg list for i2o_block (me)
    | Need to load first 8 entries into message for performance still
    * Updated i2o documentation (me)
    * Fix make xconfig
    * Fix bios reboot sequence (Robert Hentosh)
    * Kees Cook changed email address (Kees Cook)
    * Fix a minor SuSv3 violation in SIGURG (Christopher Yeoh)
    * Make htmldocs fixups (Erik van Konijnenburg)
    o/* Make all the slab caches use the "_" convention (Ryan Mack)
    * Fix flow control problems with TCP over NFS (Neil Brown)
    o Removepage hooks as per old -ac (Christoph Rohland)
    | This lets shmfs/ramfs keep accounting straight
    | ramfs needs someone to drop in the other old -ac bits stil
    * Fix via-rhine PCI idents (Shing Chuang)
    * Backport of 2.5 aha152x update by (Juergen Fischer)
    o Loop fixups (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add HP tachyon idents to cpqfc driver (Jes Sorensen)
    * Clean up mpu401 failure handling paths (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Ad1848 pnp scanning fixes (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o Kill dead URL in maintainers (Joe Perches)
    - Back out problem bridge update (Mike Fedyk)
    * Fix sound on Compaq Presario 700 (Santiago Nullo)
    o Fix restore_flags handling in cmd640 probe (Justin Gibbs)
    o Fix oops from mptable impaired bioses (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Fix 8139cp/8139too big endian multicast setup (Naoki Hamada)
    * Fix missing newline in i810 audio printk (???)
    * Put syscall table back for now (Steven Hirsch)
    * Fix ips build for some combinations (Steven Hirsch)
    * NLS makefile tidy (Urban Widmark)
    o Fix radeonfb build (Peter Horton)
    * Update poll_out fixes on tty devices (Sapan Bhatia)
    o 32bit uids in acct data (Chris Wing)

    Linux 2.4.19pre7-ac1
    o Merge CPU speed control framework and support (Dave Jones, Russell King
    for VIA processors and AMD K6 Arjan van de Ven, Janne Pänkälä)
    - Merge with 2.4.19pre7
    - drop out keyb changes (breaks some setups)
    * Lots more i2o debugging work (me)
    | I2O now seems to be working again and works
    | for the first time on the AMI Megaraid

    Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac3
    X Software suspend initial patch (Pavel Machek, Gabor Kuti,..)
    | Don't enable this idly. Its here to get exposure and so
    | people can bring the rest of the code up to meet its needs as
    | well as fix it.
    | Read the docs first!
    * Small fix for the radeonfb (Peter Horton)
    * Fix highmem truncation on DMA mapping bug (Dave Miller)
    X Modules are not supposed to hack the syscall (Arjan van de Ven)
    table so remove the export
    * Add ite sound configuration help (Steven Cole)

    Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac2
    * Fix compile error when using initrd (Jeff Nguyen)
    * Make the KL133 onboard video happy again (Andre Pang)
    | and a lot of people working to figure out the right bits
    * Reparent jdb to init and drop lock on exit (Ishan Jayawardena)
    * Fix radeon corner case (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Cache more group descriptors on ext2/ext3 (Arjan van de Ven)
    * SAB8253 series wan drivers (Joachim Martillo)
    * Add more idents for PIIX IDE controllers (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Lock signals in procfs (Andrea Arcangeli)
    * Backport of 2.5 BUG_ON() functionality (Robert Love)
    - Drop -O1 on sched.c - turns out its a CPU
    microcode bug on early Xeon not Linux
    * Fix Radeon fb reset problems as X11 did (Peter Horton)
    * Radeon acceleration/mtrr updates (Peter Horton)
    * JFS flushpage updates (Christoph Hellwig)
    * BeOS file system support (Will Dyson)
    | original work by Makoto Kato
    * Fix w83877 watchdog SMP compile failure (Paul Komkoff, me)
    * Fix pty/tty POLL_OUT reporting (Sapan Bhatia)
    * Update berkshire watchdog driver (Lindsay Harris, Rob Radez)
    * Clean up duplicated path_init and __user_walk (Hanna Linder)
    * Enable MMX extensions on Geode GXm (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o O(1) scsi free command block finder (Mark Hemment)
    * Updated IBM serveraid driver (Jack Hammer)
    * S/390 makefile cross compile fixups (Pete Zaitcev)

    Linux 2.4.19pre5-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19pre5

    Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac4
    * Fix an additional vm86 case (Stas Sergeev)
    | Check DOSemu again and this code wants some good review
    o Do sanity checking to avoid mispoking PCI on (me)
    the CMD640 [noted by Justin Gibbs]
    o Fix promise IDE error recovery (Manfred Spraul)
    o Ali IDE hang fixes (Sen Dong)
    | Extracts from a bigger ALi update
    * Ext3 balloc locking fix (Andrew Morton)
    * Fix escaped MWAVE configuration (Thomas Hood)
    * Fix nls_utf8 problems (Liyang Hu)
    * Fix mmx_memcpy over-prefetching on Athlon (me)
    o Fix an error return the vm accounting code broke(Andrew Morton)
    * Fix bpck6 build on the powerpc platform (Jens Schmalzing)
    * Fix bpck6 64bit cleanness and other minor bits (me)
    * Fix sound thinko (Per von Zweigbergk)
    * Backport the 2.5 wireless driver stuff (Jean Tourrilhes)
    | So 2.5 driver fix back merging is sane

    Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac3
    * Fix NFS pathconf problem (Neil Brown)
    o IBM memory key ident for usb_storage (Alexander Inyukhin)
    * Add byte counters to mkiss driver (Ken Koster)
    * Add more entries to the scsi scan lists (Arjan van de Ven)
    * More eepro100 variants (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Update wolfson codec initialisers (Randolph Bentson)
    + USB serial oops fixes (Greg Kroah Hartmann)
    * Mad16 register gameport with input layer (Michael Haardt)
    * Update specialix driver to handle SI v1.x board (Ismo Salonen)
    * Fix a wdt285 EFAULT return, remove crud (Ron Gage, me)
    * Fix ioctl return errors on several sound cards (Ron Gage)

    Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac2
    * Hopefully correctly fix the vm86 problems (Stas Sergeev)
    | Please test wine 16bit/dosemu/XFree stuff
    * Fix panic when writing 0 length ucode chunk (Tigran Aivazian)
    * Fix incorrect use of hwif->index in ALI IDE (Martin Dalecki)
    * Fix mmap rbtree corruption bug (Ben LaHaise)
    o Fix incorrect 10 to 6 byte scsi command switch (Jens Axboe)
    * TCP correctness fix (Dave Miller)
    * Correct mwi acronym in docs (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    * Merge the rest of Promise 20271 support (YAMAWAKI Teruo)
    * Fix open/close races in indydog (Dave Hansen)
    * Fix compile problem with ibm hotplug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Save the .config file in make rpm (Kelly French)
    * Add another vaio with swapped minutes (Michael Piotrowski)
    o Further atm fixes (Maksim Krasnyanskiy
    Marcell Gal)
    o Even more atm fixes (Francois Romieu)
    * USB support for palm m130 (Udo Eisenbarth)
    * USB fix for pegasus hotplug crash (Petko Manolov)
    * USB request sense help for some scanners (Oliver ?)
    * USB support for Optus@home (Oliver ?)
    * USB printer updates (David Paschal, Pete Zaitcev)
    * Work around USB ATEN keyboard switches (Vojtech Pavlik)
    * PWC usb camera updates ("Nemosoft")
    * Small updates to the USB hub code (Itai Nahshon)
    * Fix spinlock handling bugs in ipaq USB (Ganesh Varadarajan)
    * OHCI fixes (David Brownell)
    * USB docs update (David Brownell)
    * UHCI fixes (Johannes Erdfelt)
    * Quieten a USB message to debug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * USB bandwidth reporting (David Brownell)
    * Fix msync SuS v3 compliance (Chris Yeoh)
    * CS8900 fixes (need testing) (Paul Komkoff)
    * Adapt HP100 driver to pci api (Jeff Garzik)
    * Acenic updates - fix leak and Tigon1 (Jes Sorensen)
    * DE620 region handling fixes (K Kasprzak)
    * DLink DL2K gige updates (Edward Peng, Jeff Garzik)
    * pcnet32 leak fix (Jeff Garzik)
    * pcnet32 types fixes for non x86 (Anton Blanchard)
    * pcnet32 assorted fixes (Dave Engebretsen)
    * pcnet32 fixes (Paul Mackerras)
    * Fix missing linux/delay.h from eepro100 (me)
    * Further pcnet32 cleanup and probe fixes (Go Taniguchi)
    * Merge gcc3 warning fixes for copy/csum (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix bmac build (Joshua Uziel)
    * DE4x5 slight tidy up (Jeff Garzik)
    * More AC97 ident strings (Peter Christy)

    Linux 2.4.19pre4-ac1
    - Merge 2.4.19pre4
    * Add PCI idents for mobility parallel port (me)
    o Fix crash on boot with LLC if no devices present(me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac6
    o Fix the oops initialising the CD-ROM (Andre Hedrick)
    * Add devexit_p() to the wdt_pci watchdog (Adrian Bunk)
    o Fix lm_sensors compile (Eyal Lebedinsky)
    * Remove some dead JFS oddments (Christoph Hellwig)
    * SCSI generic update (Doug Gilbert, Travers Carter)
    * VM86 exception fixups (Kasper Dupont, Manfred Spraul)
    * Fix an fcntl error corner case to match SuS (Christopher Yeoh)

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac5
    * Further IDE updates (Andre Hedrick)
    * Reduce ide tape debug noise (Alfredo Sanjuán)
    * Sync devices on final close not each close (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
    + Make max busses/irqs dynamic on x86 (James Cleverdon)
    | Needed for big IBM boxen
    * Remove exp_find in NFS (never used) (Al Viro)
    * Fix read locking on NFS export_table (Erik Habbinga)
    * Fix possible NFS error path mnt/dentry leak (Al Viro)
    * Use MKDEV macro in NFS device create (GOTO Masanori)
    * Clean up stale fh stats (Neil Brown)
    * Tidy nfsd_lookup (Al Viro)
    * nfsd_setattr fixes (Neil Brown)
    * Tidy up nfsd vfs calls (Neil Brown)
    * Clean up nfsd syscall interface (Neil Brown)
    * Fix fat NFS handle interfaces (Neil Brown)
    * Tidy up export list handling for NFS (Al Viro)
    * Use seq_file for NFS exports proc file (Al Viro)
    o Support for deviceless file system exports (Steven Whitehouse)
    * Remove big kernel lock use for most of nfsd (Neil Brown)
    * Convert sunrpc code to use generic linux lists (Neil Brown)
    * Tidy up svc_sock NFS locking on SMP (Neil Brown)
    * Improve tcp error/close handling (Neil Brown)
    * Close down idle NFS tcp sockets (Neil Brown)
    * NFS TCP fixes for buffer space tracking (Neil Brown)
    * Handle TCP RPC service flooding (Neil Brown)
    * Enable NFS over TCP via config options (Neil Brown)

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac4
    * Ensure jfs readdir doesn't spin on bad metadata (Dave Kleikamp)
    o Fix iconfig with no modules (Randy Dunlap)
    * Don't enfore rlimit on block device files (Peter Hartley)
    * Add belkin wireless card idents (Brendan McAdams)
    * Add HP VA7400 to the scsi blacklist quirks (Alar Aun)
    * JFS race fix (Dave Kleikamp)
    * Fix wafer5823 watchdog merge error I made (Justin Cormack)
    * Fix Config rule for phonejack pcmcia card (Eyal Lebedinsky)
    o Test improved OOM handler for rmap (Rik van Riel)
    * Update defconfig/experimental bits (Neils Jensen)
    * The incredible shrinking kernel patch (Andrew Morton)
    * Clean up BUG() implementation (Andrew Morton)

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac3
    * Doh fixed the SYSVIPC build problem (Everyone...)
    o Added 802.2LLC support (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    | Based on 2.0 code contributed by Procom
    * Fix i2o build as module (Mark Cooke)
    * Blacklist for machines where local apic fails (Mikael Pettersson)
    * Clean up wdt_pci (Zwane Mwaikambo)

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac2
    o Hopefully fixed all the as accounting bugs (me)
    o Bit more LS220 work (nothing useful yet) (me)
    o Change should be long not int in shmem acct (me)
    o Ignore MAP_NORESERVE in mode 2/3 accounting (me)
    * Fix pci bar flag parsing (Russell King)
    * Handle ELF setup_arg_pages failure (Russell King)
    * AT1700 filter fix (Sawa)
    o S/390 fix for O(1) scheduler (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Fix /proc/kcore for non zero memory start (Russell King)
    * Update USB config files (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * TCP minisocks fixes (Dave Miller)
    * dnotify fixes (Stephen Rothwell)
    * Remove pointles sysrq-L (Russell King)
    * Reparent khubd to init (Andrew Morton)
    * EEpro100 test updates (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Use named initializers in hwc_con (Pete Zaitcev)
    * SHM ipc fix (Paul Larson)
    * Further printk level fixes (Denis Vlasenko)
    * Revert epic100 changes - reports of problems (me)
    * Wafer WDT watchdog driver (Justin Cormack)
    | I did some cleanup - Justin please double check it
    * ITE8330G PIRQ map support (Tobias Diedrich)
    * Trivial khttpd logging bug fix (Rogier Wolff)
    * Stop module autoloader making user /proc/pid (Andreas Ferber)
    dir root owned
    * Handle TF flag properly on debug trap (Christoph Hellwig,
    Arjan van de Ven, Stephan Springl)
    * ALi M1701 watchdog driver (Stve Hill)
    | I tidied/fixed this one too so please check
    o Add iconfig (save/extract config from kernel (Randy Dunlap)
    image file)
    * Add mk712 touchscreen driver (Daniel Quinlan)
    | Fixed various bugs in it - Dan please check

    Linux 2.4.19pre3-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19pre3
    - Revert buggy bluesmoke change
    - Add missing pppox header change
    * Next SIS ide update (Lionel Bouton)
    * Only try the flush and recycle trick for (me)
    known buggy I2O controllers.
    * Clean up module junk and use new init style (me)
    for I2O.
    * Don't use cache hints on dim i2o controllers (me)
    * Add vmalloc_to_page to 2.4 from 2.5 (Gerd Knorr)
    * JFS updates (Christoph Hellwig, Dave Kleikamp)
    * Fix boot_cpu_data corruption bug (Mikael Pettersson)
    * Clean up ppp vfree paths (David Woodhouse)
    * Emagic EMI usb driver (Tapio Laxström)
    * Edgeport fixes for multiple device case (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Ethtool support for catc usb (Brad Hards)
    * Update to pegasus driver in base tree (Petko Manolov)
    * Update USB maintainers (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * IPAQ usb driver fixup (Ganesh Varadarajan)
    * Allow usbfs name for 2.5 compatibility (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Committed_AS without a space in procfs (Andy Dustman)
    * Fix an NFS file creation problem (Trond Myklebust)
    * Fix a missing ksym (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Increase init delay on ALI5451 audio setup (Harald Jenny)
    | Needed for Acer Travelmate 521TE
    * Fix printk message levels in pci code (Denis Vlasenko)
    * Add another laptop to the buggy APM tables (Mihnea-Costin Grigore)
    * Fix an obscure acct race (Bob Miller)
    * Sonypi driver update (Stelian Pop)
    * Fix devfs glitch with namespace stuff (Paul Komkoff, Al Viro)

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac4
    * Initial Ricoh ZVbus support (Marcus Metzler)
    o PnPBIOS fixes (Brian Gerst)
    * Fix a case where sync_one might not start an (Ben LaHaise)
    inode writeout
    * Corrected atm locking fix (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    * mp table parsing corner case fix (James Cleverdon)
    * NFS over JFS directory offset fix (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Update reisefsprogs version (Paul Komkoff)
    * RME Hammerfall driver update (Günter Geiger)
    * Fix an off by one in the bluesmoke reporting (Dave Jones)
    * Make irnet disconnect hang up ppp (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Fix abuse of cli() in irda socket connect (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Add help text to patch-kernel script (Damjan Lango)
    * USB irda updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * IRDA link layer updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Add WD xd signature to 2.4 (from 2.2) (Jim Freeman)
    * Update sc1200 watchdog (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Switch wdt501 watchdog driver to bitops (me)
    * Much updated LSI logic MPT fusion drivers (Pam Delaney)
    * Wavelan driver updates (Jean Tourrilhes)
    * Fix a race where we could hit init_idle after (Kip Walker)
    freeing it (from rest_init)
    * Raylink driver bugfixes (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Switch 2.4 to using a shared zlib (David Woodhouse)
    * Fix w83877 SMP deadlock, clean up locking (me)
    * IBM lanstreamer update (Kent Yoder)
    * Fix 32bitism in the PM code (Pavel Machek)
    * Make irqsave use unsigned long for consistency (Pavel Machek)
    | Just fixes a few exceptions
    * Make i2o_block fallback to blkpg for ioctls (me)
    * All pids in use handling (Paul Larson)
    * IDE code wasn't using ide_free_irq (William Jhun)
    * Fix non procfs build (Eric Sandeen)
    * Cyberjack bug fix (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * USB vicam fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    * Add another device to the ftdi driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * UHCI performance fixes (Johannes Erdfelt)
    * STV680 bug fixes (Kevin Sisson)
    * Kaweth bug fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    * Update hpusbscsi driver (Oliver Neukum)
    * Update OV511 driver (Mark McClelland)
    * Update usb-ipaq driver to support journada (Ganesh Varadarajan)
    * Fix a bug in the USB skeleton driver (Holger Waechtler)
    * Further SiS IDE updates (Lionel Bouton)
    * Fix ufs mount failure bug (Andries Brouwer)
    * Allow the max user frequency for the rtc to (Mike Shaver)
    be configurable
    * HPT37x crash on init fixups (Vojtech Pavlik)

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac3
    o Fix quota deadlock and extreme load corruption (Jan Kara, Chris Mason)
    * MIPS config fix (Ralf Baechle)
    * Update AGP config entry (Daniele Venzano)
    * SMBfs NLS oops fix (Urban Widmark)
    * Fix expand_stack locking hang on OOM (Kevin Buhr)
    * Restore 10Mbit half duplex eepro100 fix (me)
    * 3c509 full duplex and documentation (David Ruggiero)
    * 3c509 power management (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Remove more surplus llseek methods (Robert Love)
    X ATM locking fix (Frode Isaksen)
    * Merge extra sound help texts (Steven Cole)
    | plus one typo fix
    * Add help for IXJ pcmcia configuration (Steven Cole, me)
    | Rewrote the text somewhat

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac2
    - Fix a mismerge (may explain the patch weirdo)
    * Fix highmem + sblive (Daniel Bertrand)
    * Reiserfs updates (Oleg Drokin)
    * Auto enable HT on HT capable systems (Arjan van de Ven)
    - Fix init/do_mounts O(1) scheduler merge glitch (Greg Louis)
    * Fix drm build problem on CPU=386 (Mark Cooke)
    * Fix incorrect sleep in ZR36067 driver (me)
    * Add missing cpu_relax to iph5526 driver (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac1
    * Merge aic7xxx update (Justin Gibbs)
    * Fix handling of scsi 'medium error: recovered' (Justin Gibbs)
    * Further request region fixups (Marcus Alanen)
    * Add interlace/doublescan to voodoo1/2 fb driver (Urs Ganse)
    | interlace is always handy with 3d glasses..
    o Merge O(1) scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
    | Thanks to Martin Knoblauch for doing the merge work
    | Non x86 ports may need to clean up their mm/fault.c
    * Lseek usage cleanup (Robert Love)
    - Merge with 2.4.19pre2
    - Fixed bogus sysctl definitions
    - Fixed incorrect MODULE_LICENSE backout
    - Fixed gratuitous supercede spelling change
    - Fixed double patches from mips people
    - Fixed incorrect link order from mips people
    - Fixed broken config rules from mips people
    - Made cciss build
    - Remove half written "meth.c" driver
    * Fix up some of the watchdog api text (me)
    | Janitor job - go through that and make all the drivers
    | support all the things ('V' NOWAYOUT and ioctl core)
    * Fix wrong order in MAINTAINERS (me)
    * Remove roadrunner reference from MAINTAINERS (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac2
    * Fix chown/chmod on shmemfs (me)
    * Fix accounting error in the shm code (me)
    o Turn on mode2/mode3 overcommit protection (me)
    * w83877f watchdog fix compile for SMP (Mark Cooke)
    * Fix ide=nodma for serverworks (Ken Brownfield)
    * USB2 controller support (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Add more devices to the visor driver (m515,clie)(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * IBM USB camera driver updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * USB auerswald driver (Wolfgang Muees)
    * Trivial random match up with 2.2 (Marco Colombo)
    * Spelling fixes (Jim Freeman)
    * Next batch of time_*() fixups (Tim Schmielau)
    * Update video4linux API docs (Gerd Knorr)
    * Merge some comment fixups (John Kim)
    * ymfpci sync (Pete Zaitcev)
    * Update maintainers to add pm3fb (Romain DOLBEAU)
    * Hotplug updates (docs, fs, compaq driver) (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * IBM hotplug support (Irene Zubarev, Tong Yu, Jyoti Shah, Chuck Cole)
    * ACPI hotplug driver support (Hiroshi Aono, Takayoshi Kochi)
    * Blink keyboard lights on x86 panic (Andi Kleen)
    * Further changes (Steven Cole)
    * Merge a version of the sard I/O accounting (Stephen Tweedie,
    Christoph Hellwig)
    * SC1200 watchdog driver (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix address ordering for 36bit MCE on x86 (Dave Jones)

    Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.19-pre1

    Linux 2.4.18-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.18 proper
    - Add missing -rc4 diff
    o Use attribute notifiers to account shmemfs (me)
    o Initial luxsonor LS220/LS240 driver code (me)
    | This is just setup code and only in the tree because
    | its where I keep my hacks in progress

    Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac2
    * Fix a corruption problem in the jfs dir table (Dave Kleikamp)
    * Fix trap when extending a single extent of (Dave Kleikamp)
    over 64Gb in JFS
    * NBD deadlock fix (Steven Whitehouse)
    * Fix device ref counting in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
    * Fix shmemfs link counting (Christoph Rohland)
    * Fix potential scsi disk oops (Peter Wong)
    * eepro100 carrier init fix (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix wrong kfree in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
    * Add TI1250 inits to ZV bus support (me)
    | Zoom video now works on the IBM TP600 at least..
    * Fix off by one on loop devices limit (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    X Improve handling of psaux open with no mouse (Christoph Hellwig)
    * 3COM 3c359 token ring driver (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix a case where hpfs didnt set block size (Chris Mason)
    early enough
    * Remove use of lock_kernel in softdog driver (me)
    * Make olympic driver use spinlocks not (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix type of detected devices in md.c (Jakob Kemi)
    * Changes and defconfig update (Niels Jensen)
    o PNP BIOS driver updates (Thomas Hood)
    * Turn off excess printks in pnp quirk reporting (Andrey Panin)
    * Add documentation for ITE I2C (Steven Cole)
    * Add documentation for other zoran cards (Steven Cole)
    * Add an SC520 watchdog, and enable wd8387ff (Scott Jennings)
    * Cleaned up and fixed some SC520 watchdog bugs (me)
    | Scott - can you double check these
    * Fix return on generic lib/string.c memcmp (Georg Nikodym)
    * Further zoom video cleanups (me)

    Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.18rc2
    * Ignore i810 modem codecs (me)
    o Core of address space accounting code (me)
    | Enforcement, ptrace and some shmem corner bits to do
    * Fix security hole in shmfs (me)
    * Fix various bits of 64bit file I/O in shmem (me)
    o Merge with rmap12f (Rik van Riel and co)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac4
    * SIS IDE driver update (handle with care) (Lionel Bouton)
    * First set of I2O endian cleanups (me)
    * Make i2o_pci.c 64bit/BE clean (me)
    * Maybe fix crash on i2o scsi abort/reset paths (me)
    * Make i2o use the passed scsi direction flag (me)
    * Fix awk failure path in menuconfig (Andrew Church)
    * Merge varies doc updates (Steven Cole)
    * Add serial support for the Lava Octopus-550 (Jim Treadway)
    * OPL3SA2 cleanup (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o Add missing blkdev_varyio export (Todd Roy)
    * Update Changes file, config and experimental (Niels Jensen)
    * Fix highmem warning in aacraid (Andrew Morton)
    * Make tpqic02 use new style request region (Marcus Alanen)
    * Only turn off mediagx/geode TSC on 5510/5520 (me)
    | From information provided by Hiroshi MIURA
    * Massively clean up the AGP enable and bugfix it (Bjorn Helgaas)
    * Fix oops if you try to use the RW wq locks (Bob Miller)
    * Remove FPU usage in neomagic fb (Denis Kropp)
    * Merge IBM JFS (Steve Best, Dave Kleikamp,
    Barry Arndt, Christoph Hellwig, ..)
    * Updated sis frame buffer driver (Thomas Winischhofer)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac3
    * Clean up various macros and misuse of ; (Timothy Ball)
    * Correct procfs locking fixup (Al Viro)
    * Speed up ext2/ext3 synchronous mounts (Andrew Morton)
    * Update IDE DMA blacklist (Jonathan Kamens)
    * Update to XFree86 DRM 4.2 (compatible to 4.1) (Rik Faith,
    and adds I830 DRM Jeff Hartmann,
    Keith Whitwell,
    Abraham vd Merwe
    and others)
    * IBM Lanstreamer updates (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix acct rlimit problem (I hope) (me)
    | Problem noted by Ian Allen
    * Automatically set file limits based on mem size (Andi Kleen)
    * Correct scsi reservation conflict handling (James Bottomley)
    and add the scsi reset api code
    * Add further kernel docs (me)
    o Merge to rmap-12e (Rik van Riel and co)
    |merge patch from Nick Orlov
    * Small fix to the eata driver update (Dario Ballabio)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac2
    * Nat Semi now use their own ident on the Geode (Hiroshi Miura)
    * Put #error in two files that need FPU fixups (me)
    * Correct a specific mmap return to match posix (Christopher Yeoh)
    * Add Eepro100/VE ident (Hanno Boeck)
    * Add provides for DRM to the kernel make rpm (Alexander Hoogerhuis)
    * Fix a problem where vm86 irq releasing could be (Stas Sergeev)
    * EATA and U14/34F driver updates (Dario Ballabio)
    * Handle EMC storage arrays that report SCSI-2 (Kurt Garloff)
    but want REPORT_LUNs
    * Update README, defconfig, remove autogen files (Niels Jensen)
    * Add AFAVLAB PCI serial support (Harald Welte)
    * Fix incorrect resource free in eexpress (Gianluca Anzolin)
    o Variable size rawio optimisations (Badari Pulavarty)
    * Add AT's compatible 8139 cardbus chip (Go Taniguchi)
    * Fix crash with newest hpt ide chips (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Fix tiny SMP race in pid selection (Erik Hendriks)
    o Hopefully fix pnpbios crash caused by early (me)
    kernel_thread creation

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac1
    o Initial merge of DVD card driver (Christian Wolff,Marcus Metzler)
    | This is just an initial testing piece. DVB needs merging
    | properly and this is only a first bit of testing
    * Random number generator support for AMD768 (me)
    * Add AMD768 to i810 driver pci ident list (me)
    o Initial AMD768 power management work (me)
    | Unfinished pending some docs clarifications
    * Fix bugbuf mishandling for modular es1370 (me)
    * Fix up i2o readl abuse, post_wait race, and (me, Arjan van de Ven)
    some deadlock cases
    * Added cpu_relax to yam driver (me)
    * Fixup AMD762 if the BIOS apparently got it wrong(me)
    (eg ASUS boards)
    * MP1.4 alignment fixup
    * pcwd cleanup, backport of fixes from 2.5 (Rob Radez)
    * Add support for more Moxa cards to mxser (Damian Wrobel)
    * Add remaining missing MODULE_LICENSE tags (Hubert Mantel)
    * Fix floppy reservation ranges (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Fix max file size setup (Andi Kleen)

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3
    * Fix a wrong error return in the megaraid driver (Arjan van de Ven)
    * FreeVXFS update (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Qnxfs update (Anders Larsen)
    o Fix non compile with PCI=n (Adrian Bunk)
    - Fix DRM 4.0 non compile in i810 (me)
    * Drop out now dead CLONE thread/parent fixup (Dave McCracken)
    * Make NetROM incoming frame check stricter (Tomi Manninen)
    * Use sock_orphan in AX.25/NetROM (Jeroen PE1RXQ)
    * Pegasus update (Petko Manolov)
    o Make reparent_to_init and exec_usermodehelper (Andrew Morton)
    use set_user, fix a tiny set_user SMP race
    * Mark framebuffer mappings VM_IO (Andrew Morton)
    * Neomagic frame buffer driver (Denis Kropp)
    - Needs FPU code fixing before it can be merged
    * Hyperthreading awareness for MTRR driver
    * Correct NR_IRQ with no apic support (Brian Gerst)
    * Fix missing includes in sound drivers (Michal Jaegermann)

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac2
    * i810 audio driver update (Doug Ledford)
    * Early ioremap for x86 specific code (Mikael Pettersson)
    | This is needed to do things like apic/dmi detect early enough
    * Pentium IV APIC/NMI watchdog (Mikael Pettersson)
    * Add C1MRX support to sonypi driver (Junichi Morita)
    * Fix "make rpm" with two '-' in extraversion (Gerald Britton)
    * Fix aacraid hang/irq storm on i960 boards (Chris Pascoe)
    * Fix isdn audio compiler behaviour dependancy (Urs Thuermann)
    * YAM driver fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
    * ROSE protocol stack update/fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
    * Fix UFS/CDROM oops (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix nm256 hang on Dell Latitude (origin unknown)
    | Please test this tree with other NM256 based boxes and check
    | those still work...
    o Merge PnPBIOS patch (Thomas Hood, David Hinds, Tom Lees,
    Christian Schmidt, ..)
    * Merge new sis frame buffer drivers (Thomas Winischhofer)
    * cs46xx oops fix (Mike Gorse)
    * Fix a second cs46xx bug related to this (me)
    * Fix acpitable oopses on boot and other problems (James Cleverdon)
    * Fix io port type on the hpt366 driver (Pete Popov)
    * Updated matrox drivers (Petr Vandrovec)
    * IPchains fixes needed for 2.4.18pre7
    * IDE config text updates for the IDE patches (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Merge the first bits of ZV support (Marcus Metzler)
    * Add initial ZV support to yenta socket driver (me)
    for TI cards
    * Fix pirq routing on the CS5530 (me)
    | Finally the palmax pcmcia/cardbus works properly

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac1
    - Merge with 2.4.18pre7 (Arjan van de Ven)
    | + some quota fixups redone by me
    | several 18pre7 netfilter bugs left unfixed for now
    o Rmap-12a (Rik van Riel and co)

    Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac2

    * Re-merge the IDE patches (Andre Hedrick and co)
    * Fix check/request region in ali_ircc and lowcomx(Steven Walter)
    com90xx, sealevel, sb1000
    * Remove unused message from 6pack driver (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix unused variable warning in i60scsi (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix off by one floppy oops (Keith Owens)
    * Fix i2o_config use of undefined C (Andreas Dilger)
    * Fix fdomain scsi oopses (Per Larsson)
    * Fix sf16fmi hang on boot (me)
    + Add bridge resources to the resource tree (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    * Fix iphase ATM oops on close in on case (Till Immanuel Patzschke)
    * Enable OOSTORE on winchip processors (Dave Jones, me)
    | Worth about 10-20% performance
    * Code Page 1250 support (Petr Titera)
    * Fix sdla and hpfs doc typos (Sven Vermeulen)
    o Document /proc/stat (Sven Heinicke)
    * Update cs4281 drivers (Tom Woller)
    | Fixes xmms stutter, remove wrapper code
    | handle tosh boxes, allow record device change
    | trigger wakeups on ioctl triggered changes
    +/o/X Fix locking of file struct stuff found by ibm (Dipankar Sarma)
    o Use spin_lock_init in serial.c (Dave Miller)
    * Fix AF_UNIX shutdown bug (Dave Miller)

    Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

    o 32bit uid quota
    o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
    William Irwin etc)
    * Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
    * Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
    * Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
    sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
    esssolo1, sonicvibes
    * tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
    * Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
    * generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
    o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
    * Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
    * Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
    | Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
    * Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
    o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
    * Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
    * Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
    * Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
    * Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
    * ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2c_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
    * Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
    * Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    * ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
    o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
    * Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
    * Fix PLIP (Niels Jensen)
    * Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
    * Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.155 / U:9.108 seconds]