    SubjectRe: Module Refcount & Stuff mini-FAQ
    Date
    In message <20021119024032.GA99837@compsoc.man.ac.uk> you write:
    > On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:58:56AM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
    >
    > > The previous code required to implement the two module loading
    > > system call, the module querying system call, and the /proc/ksyms
    > > output, required a little more code than the current x86 linker.
    >
    > This makes it sound like you're not bringing /proc/ksyms back (or an
    > equivalent to let userspace know where modules are loaded). I hope this
    > isn't the case...

    I implemented the minimal subset: it's trivial to put back. The
    important question is why do you want it? Do you only want it when
    CONFIG_MODULES=y? Do you only want the exported symbols, or all
    symbols?

    If this is for oprofile to figure out where modules are, then an entry
    in /proc/modules seems more appropriate, yes?

    Rusty.