SubjectRe: Module Refcount & Stuff mini-FAQ
Date
In message <20021119024032.GA99837@compsoc.man.ac.uk> you write:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:58:56AM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > The previous code required to implement the two module loading
> > system call, the module querying system call, and the /proc/ksyms
> > output, required a little more code than the current x86 linker.
>
> This makes it sound like you're not bringing /proc/ksyms back (or an
> equivalent to let userspace know where modules are loaded). I hope this
> isn't the case...

I implemented the minimal subset: it's trivial to put back. The
important question is why do you want it? Do you only want it when
CONFIG_MODULES=y? Do you only want the exported symbols, or all
symbols?

If this is for oprofile to figure out where modules are, then an entry
in /proc/modules seems more appropriate, yes?

Rusty.