Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:18:41 -0500
From: Justin Hibbits <jrh29@po.cwru.edu>
To: "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org>
Subject: Re: ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 02:08:10PM -0800, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:12:47 -0500 Justin Hibbits <jrh29@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
>
> | I'm not subscribed right now, but I have a major problem. For some reason,
> | sometimes when I startup either gpm or X, my keyboard gets remapped, so that
> | several of the keys return keycode 0x70 or 0x71, while others return 0x56, and
> | the rest return extended e0/e1 keycodes. I'm unsure why this happens. It
> | started happening when I installed dri drivers off dri.sf.net, but even after
> | removing those drivers, deleting the kernel source tree, and starting from
> | scratch, it still happens. I'm at a loss, so if someone can shed some light on
> | this, I'd be grateful.
> | this happens sporadically, so not exactly sure what the problem is. Hopefully
> | this won't happen when I get a USB mouse/keyboard for christmas :) /me crosses
> | fingers.
>
> No idea, but you seem to think that it's software, but
> could it be a cable problem?
>
> BTW, the main reason that I'm replying is that you gave no clues
> about what versions of software you are using.
>
> --
> ~Randy

I apologize for forgetting to give you the details. I thought I had, but, oh
well...here they are (if you need more, just tell me).

I'm using gpm 1.20.0, and X 4.2.0 (earliest X that supports radeon 8500). I'm
using kernel 2.4.18, and it also happens w/ kernel 2.4.19. If you want me to
give you my .config file for the kernel, I can.

As for the hardware side, I have a microsoft intellimouse ps2, which worked for
about 15 months, and still does work sometimes, and I've also tried with a
microsoft trackball which is known good. My motherboard is Asus A7V266-E, but
I'm not using RAID, and I have a KeyTronic keyboard, and the proc is
AthlonXP1800+, w/ 512MB RAM. Dunno how much this helps you, but I hope at
least a little.

Thanks,
Justin Hibbits

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program"
- Microsoft Promo Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"
- Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid. They really *are* out to get me!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program"
- Microsoft Promo Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"
- Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid. They really *are* out to get me!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.063 / U:0.152 seconds]