    SubjectRe: New kconfig: Please add define_*
    On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 05:55:42PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:

    > Hi,

    Hi Roman,

    > On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    >
    > > one thing that easily leads to errors is that the difference between
    > > e.g. bool and define_bool is less obvious than before (it's no longer
    > > explicitely stated). If there's no string behind the bool and no
    > > "prompt" line it's now treated as define_bool. I've already found two
    > > places in sound/oss/Kconfig where this was missing accidentially. Could
    > > you add explicite define_* back to the config language and let the
    > > program quit with an error if there's e.g. a define_bool with a string
    > > or prompt line or a bool without a string or prompt line?
    >
    > It was not missing accidentially, these symbols were defined with
    > define_bool before.

    /me checks 2.5.44

    You are right, it was a define_bool before. I thought "this must be a
    bug" and I didn't even read the comments above the options...

    A define_bool might make it more obvious for dumb people like me that it
    is really intended the way it is. ;-)

    > bye, Roman

    cu
    Adrian