SubjectRe: Filesystem Capabilities in 2.6?
On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Clearly inode numbers are a bad way to handle it, but I don't think
> inode attributes are that great either. I would personally prefer
> directory entry attributes, so that the same file can show up with
> different behaviour in different places.

I'm sure we can come up with even more confusing behaviour
if we want, but it'll take some serious creativity.

Sure it's more flexible, but I wonder how many userland
programs will be broken if we change the permission model
and how well users can protect their data this way.

Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:""></a>