    SubjectRe: Filesystem Capabilities in 2.6?
    On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Clearly inode numbers are a bad way to handle it, but I don't think
    > inode attributes are that great either. I would personally prefer
    > directory entry attributes, so that the same file can show up with
    > different behaviour in different places.

    I'm sure we can come up with even more confusing behaviour
    if we want, but it'll take some serious creativity.

    Sure it's more flexible, but I wonder how many userland
    programs will be broken if we change the permission model
    and how well users can protect their data this way.

    Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:""></a>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.028 / U:0.628 seconds]