SubjectRe: Kconfig (qt) -> Gconfig (gtk)
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 04:57:31PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Personally, it makes no difference to me which library is used. I'm
> doubtful I'll use anything other than menuconfig unless it makes my life a
> *whole* lot easier. I'd say 'choose one and get on with it.'

Looking at my menuconfig patch (that's been mailed to lkml numerious
times), the old Menuconfig script and checking mconf.c, it looks like
mconf.c isn't checking for half the errors that the old Menuconfig
script used to / would've been checking with my patch.

Oh, and another thing I've noticed is that mconf does nothing if it
fails to execute lxdialog - it doesn't tell you _why_ it's doing
nothing. It just says something like "Not saving configuration."

The last mailing of my patch was a while ago, so I'll reproduce it
here:

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk) The developer of ARM Linux