SubjectRe: Failover in NFS

I do not think we need changes to lockd. Earlier this year I sent a patch
to Alan Cox that would enable you to control server's lockd grace period
from user land which helps you do the takeover from server to server. Also
I have sent in patches included in tha latest version of NFS utils that
would let you do takeover along with the lockd patch of the kernel and
using shared /var/lib/nfs/sm directory. This is a good time to check if
Alan has had some time to include that patch.

Juan

|---------+---------------------------------->
| | Michael Clark |
| | <michael@metaparadigm.c|