    SubjectRe: [rfc] epoll interface change and glibc bits ...
    Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > Ok, the message has been post and noone argued about your solution. Like
    > it is used to say "speak now or forever hold your piece" :) So we will go
    > with it, no problem for me. We will define a struct epollfd and all POLL*
    > bits in EPOLL*

    1. Fwiw, I would really like to see epoll extended beyond fds, to a more
    general edge-triggered event collector - signals, timers, aios. I've
    written about this before as you know (but been too busy lately to
    pursue the idea). I'm not going to say any more about this until I
    have time to code something...

    2. I don't like the "int64_t" proposal because there is no
    language guarantee that 64 bits is enough to hold a pointer - and
    of course, a pointer is what many applications will store in it.

    "long" seems to be the de facto standard for holding a pointer
    value in the kernel (e.g. in a futex). That's ugly too, but quite
    consistent. Nothing clean presents itself.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.029 / U:60.520 seconds]