SubjectRe: [rfc] epoll interface change and glibc bits ...
Davide Libenzi wrote:
> Ok, the message has been post and noone argued about your solution. Like
> it is used to say "speak now or forever hold your piece" :) So we will go
> with it, no problem for me. We will define a struct epollfd and all POLL*
> bits in EPOLL*

1. Fwiw, I would really like to see epoll extended beyond fds, to a more
general edge-triggered event collector - signals, timers, aios. I've
written about this before as you know (but been too busy lately to
pursue the idea). I'm not going to say any more about this until I
have time to code something...

2. I don't like the "int64_t" proposal because there is no
language guarantee that 64 bits is enough to hold a pointer - and
of course, a pointer is what many applications will store in it.

"long" seems to be the de facto standard for holding a pointer
value in the kernel (e.g. in a futex). That's ugly too, but quite
consistent. Nothing clean presents itself.

-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.302 / U:0.488 seconds]